Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Happy Birthday to Cache!

Picture uploading issues have delayed this post for far too long! Some pictures are coming from Instagram and FB.

Cache turned 4 a few weeks ago and we celebrated this special boy big time. First thing in the morning he got his first present, when he realized they were clothes he said, "Didn't you get me any toys?" Silly boy. :)

Cache in his new outfit.
Sweet.
 For Breakfast he requested French Toast. I was yummy and gobbled up very quickly.
 After breakfast was crazy cake and cupcake decorating, Super home made and simple, but I was happy with it all and so was Cache.


Later on we had a party for our Cache man at our community pavilion. We did a bounce house again this year to keep the kids occupied and happy. And then later on we grilled hotdogs for all the friends and their families.  Cache had lots of friends and family there and had a great time. We said no gifts, but a few brought some anyway. Occasionally Cache would stop playing to come open one and then run and tell the friend that bought it thank you. He got lots of fun things and appreciates them all. Thank you Thank you!




Season was there too. :)

 We sang Happy Birthday twice. The second time  I actually took a picture.
 I was sad we didn't ever get a family picture this year. :(

After we were the last ones there and everything got cleaned and picked up, Cache, Season, and I went for a drive to get slushies and drinks at Sonic while John ran home and set up the gifts from us. Cache ran in before I did, so I was glad John videoed his reaction. I don't have it posted, but in the video Cache sees his new 4-wheeler and instead of the expected surprised reaction says, "Oh, you got the 4-wheeler out". 
Silly boy. He'd been asking for this particular 4-wheeler for months and we decided the day before to actually get it for him. Storage in our garage is a big issue right now and we really didn't have room so we had been seriously debating, but he is loving it!!

Somehow I missed getting a picture the night of so this is a later one.
Cache also got some fun things from Season, a toy Camera, Phone and some of the magic marker/ coloring book things.


This was Cache's invite. Funny boy, He posed like this on his own. :)

Dear Cache,

On your 4th Birthday we are so proud and happy to be your parents, to have you in our family, so healthy and strong, and to see you learn and grow and become the special, happy, friendly cool kid that you are. (did I break a record for most commas in that sentence)

Cache at age 4 you are loved by everyone that meets you. People just can't help it!  We can tell by the amount of people that love to come celebrate your birthday with you.

You have loved Preschool this past year, and are getting better and better at writing your name and listening to directions. You are awesome at remembering songs, letters in the alphabet, counting and shapes.

You are the best big brother, and most of the time you show your little sister how much you love her.

You are pretty helpful, but like to tease a little about it. One of your favorite things is when I ask you where to put your plate after you eat, you come up with all kinds of funny places you could put it. You have a great sense of humor, and are pretty quick about it. It makes your Dad and I laugh a lot.

You are finally sleeping through the night. :) You weigh 28.6 lbs. Every .6 counts since you are still a pretty little guy. But, you are strong, fast, and have great balance! You even learned to ride a two wheeler before you turned 4! Dad and I were so proud of you. Oh and you know how to hit the ball when someone throws it to you and not just off the tee. You are super good at it!

Cache you are brave! You are willing to try things that most 4 year olds aren't willing to and surprise us all with how good you are at it the first time.

We love you lots and look forward to learning and growing with you this next year.

Love,
Mom and Dad

PS. Here's an interview I did with you to help you remember some of the things you like right now.

2 comments:

julie said...

You make incredibly cute kids. Happy Birthday Cache!! And I'm totally copying your cake next birthday. SO cute. And maybe I won't screw it up. Maybe.

*LaUrA* said...

I agree with Julie...your sports cakes were awesome! I also love that Cache wants to go on a mission to get married for his vacation.

Happy Birthday Cache man!