Tuesday, September 10, 2013

We MOVED!

Goodbye Old House

We loved living in our Town House at Bridgerland Meadows for the last two and some years. We made such good life long friends and learned lots. We also loved serving and learning how to be served in the Meadows 1st Ward. I have to say that I was NOT ready to move and be released from my wonderful calling as Young Women's President when we made our offer on our new house. I actually cried right after submitting it. We knew this new house would be best for our family, and  where we were at, though we loved it, was not a permanent home for us. 

After putting in our offer, we countered a few times, and eventually settled on a good deal. Our closing date was set for July 19th. Enough time to be able to fix a few things, like paint and remove nasty carpet in the master bath and tile, so we'd be able to move before the first of the month. We gave our landlord our notice and said we'd be out by then.  Things did not go as planned, Surprise!  The week of closing was STRESSFULL to say the least. Wrong Documents were filed and it pushed our close date back, to "hopefully by the end of the month" Yikes! 

 My mom came down to help us pack  and clean up, me being  35/36 weeks pregnant did NOT make things easy. I was trying hard to keep a baby from coming before we moved. I did not want her that early, and I wanted to be in the new house. My mom was soooo much help!    

We moved everything over Aug 1st. No painting and just a little cleaning of the new house was done. Luckily our landlord let us stay that extra day since his new tenants weren't going to be in yet. 
The day of moving was CR-AAA-ZY! My mom and I were frantically trying to clean the new place, and get the last minute things boxed up at the old place. We simply could not do it all.

 I started to have bad pre-eclampsia symptons, fuzzy vision. Feeling sick. High Blood Pressure, Swelling. NO Good! Bad Timing! I had the Relief Society coming to the old house to help clean after John was done with the Elder's Quorum helping him load the moving truck. Since I was sick, I was encouraged by family to call the on-call Doc who said, "Either come in and get a C-section, or Take some Ibuprofen and lay down on the couch. I opted for the couch. Didn't want the baby coming in the MIDDLE of the move. Sooooo.... I was out of commission in the moving and cleaning department. I HATED it! I bawled. Completely had a break down. It was so frustrating for me to not be able to do what needed done. Thank Heaven for wonderful friends, neighbors, and family! They were right there to help us out and we felt so blessed! Our wonderful new neighbors brought us dinner, and with the help of my mom, my in-laws, our ward members, both Relief Society and Elder's Quorum, and even our Bishop, and new neighbors, somehow we got everything moved over and cleaned . It was NOT easy. It was NOT how I planned it, but I think it was what it needed to be. I guess it was our turn to feel the love and support from so many. It was humbling. 
My mom stayed for several more days to help us get unpacked and settled. We eventually cleaned the carpets, John Tiled the Master Bath and painted. :) (LOVE It!) and we've been figuring out where we want things to go. And... Baby didn't come during the move ! She waited long enough to get more settled. The sweet little thing. 

So here are some pictures to go along with this very long journal post. Our new house was built in the 1970's and not much has changed. :) Its a fixer upper and we are having fun dreaming up all the possibilities. With that being said, I'm not the best decorator/designer so I'd love all the, "ooohhh you should do this ______..." comments. Seriously!

Old House
Last day  at the townhouse. Good memories. And I'm HUGE!!
 New House
View from the deck

Front window view


View

Deck Camping

Front 1

Front 2

View

Living Room

Kitchen

Dining Room

Master bed

Master bed

Master Bed/ Bath
Master Bath Before


Master Bath After Tile
Girls Room

Cache's Room

Upstairs Bath

Downstairs Bath

dwn Bed 1

Dwn Bed 2

Dwn Bed 3

Dwn Living/Play Room

Laundry Room

Back house

Back Yard

Front Yard
We Love It!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, what a nice looking house! It looks huge! So happy for you and your growing family.

Lisa said...

I LOVE your views and yard and deck, the fireplace, and the window seats in the kids' rooms. It's going to be such a great home for many years to come!