Friday, June 20, 2014

Answered Prayers

Yesterday Cache lost his wallet in a store. After searching for quite awhile we finally asked the store clerk if it had been turned in. It hadn't, but we could try to call at the end of the day and see if it turned up.

 As we went back to the car I prepared my little boy for disappointment. I told him that maybe someone took it and they might not give it back. Then, I had the thought that this was a good learning opportunity to pray and use our faith. I explained to Cache that we needed Heavenly Father's help if he wanted to get that wallet back so we needed to pray and ask for it. I felt the spirit so strong as he said his simple humble prayer. It was beautiful.

 Afterwards I told him that now we needed to have faith, he asked what that was and I explained that now we needed to BELIEVE Heavenly Father would hear and answer his prayer. In my heart I was saying my own silent prayer that his would be heard and this could be the beginning of a testimony of prayer for this sweet boy of mine.

 Last night Cache reminded me that I needed to call about the wallet. Again, I said a silent prayer and of course, the wallet was there. He was so excited, but I was kinda surprised when he ran to me and gave me a hug. Again, I felt the spirit.

Right before bed, as he was saying our family prayer, he thanked his Heavenly Father for helping him get his wallet back, without any prompting from us. Again, overwhelming spirit filled the room. So simple, no visiting angel, just a simple heart felt prayer from a little boy, and one silent one from his mom.

 I'm so grateful for my little ones that teach me every day how to be faithful. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that cares for each and every one of his children so much that he takes the time to help them find something as simple as a child's wallet. And I'm grateful for the every day little promptings from the spirit that help me know how to love and teach my children. I sure need all the help I can get in this crazy world.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You are an incredible, sweet, and wise mama. Thanks for sharing this!