Sunday, November 15, 2009

HAPPY 1/2 YEAR B-DAY BABY BOY!

Dear Cache,

We just wanted to write you a letter to let you know what you were like at 6 months old. The growing process has been so exciting every step of the way for you because every stage has been extra long. The  newborn stage lasted what seemed like forever, which we were sooooo happy about because we got to cuddle all of the time. And you were such a sweet little baby. But, the exploring baby stage is here and we are loving every new developmental leap! Here are some of the things you amaze us with every day now......

-The Tripod sit (as I've heard it called. ) You are able to sit up this way for about 1/2 a minute at the most.
- Rolling from Tummy to back. - You can tolerate your stomach longer now, but you still don't love it, so now you roll onto your back so quickly! You don't roll back though. Why would you!
-Sleeping through the night! Don't get me wrong, we were so grateful to have you home that we didn't mind the middle of the night feedings. Especially since you have an absolutely wonderful Daddy who gets up with you most of the time, but we have to say... Sleeping through the night is really nice! :)
-Eating Rice cereal for the first time - You're not sure what to think about it yet, but you have successfully had a few spoonfuls.
 - Still loving the Car
 - Sleeping Great in your carrier, thus the loving of the car
 - Enjoying playing with your aunts and uncle and hearing stories of Uncle Brian on a mission in the Phillipines.
 - Hangin' out with Dad during the day. You love to watch his every move. We can already tell you are going to be a great shadow.
 - Smiling and talking so much!
- Your personality is really starting to show. You are still quite patient, but definitely know how to get our attention. Hardly ever in a big cry, but usually in an energetic yell.
 - You're possibly starting to teeth. Drooling like crazy. Chewing on everything! Especially loving our fingers.
 - Baths in the big bath tub. You like your bath and have learned to splash a bit, but still don't show a ton of expression. We think you are still trying to figure out what you're suppose to do.
 - Still sleeping in the bassinet. Mom just can't seem to move you 3 steps away to your own room. Soon though soon.... Since you won't fit in the bassinet much longer.
-Fitting in to 3-6 month clothes the best.
 - Finally in size 2 diapers.
 We went to the Dr. on Thursday for your 6 month Check up.  Here are your measurements
WT 15 1/2 lbs............17%
Length 23 1/2 in............ Not on the charts. Sorry buddy! Looks like you got Mom and Dad's genes!
Head Circ. 41 1/2 cm..........5%
And I'm sure there is more, that I just can't think of right on the spot.

Cache we are soooooo glad you came to our family! We were so excited when we found out that we were expecting you and you haven't dissapointed us one bit! You are a happy baby, full of life and we are learning so much from you already! I can only imagine all the wisdom you would share with us if we could understand all your beautiful babblings! We love to take you with us everywhere we go and just enjoy your company, as well as show your handsome face off! 

We love you little buddy!

Love,
Mom and Dad

PS  Here are some pictures to remember what you looked like at 6 months!


Your First attempt at Rice Cereal


Your Second attempt at Rice Cereal


Our Aggie family at the b- ball game.


This one doesn't show how big you are cause you are tucking in your legs, but your cute smile was too hard to resist.


Can you believe you used to be just as big, if not a little smaller than your furry friend! ( Stupid picture won't rotate though. Frustrating!)


Just sooooo Cute! (Again no rotating!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet. He is such a cute boy!

Traci said...

Wow, that 6 months flew by! He really is quite the cutie. It's really is just so fun, huh!

Sarah said...

Oh I love my little nephew! He is so much fun.

Doug and Marilyn said...

He really is getting so big!! WOW, what a stud!

Taiya Brown said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten! He is learning lots of new stuff, how fun! The picture of you guys at the aggie game is so cute! Love the hat on Cache!

Katie said...

He is so cute, and looking so big!

Hey, random question...I have a ton of coupons for formula...and don't need them. And they expire before I will need them...could you use them?

lizard said...

Anna- I am so glad that you wrote on my blog..I have been reading up on you guys ever since but I am always too lazy to comment. Not today though...your Cache is so stinkin cute. I love his eyes. I am glad that things are going so well for you. I have to warn you though, now that I know you have a happy baby I will probably pester you with non-stop motherhood questions. It's my new hobby.
Keep in touch!
--Sis Riter

katrina said...

Cute! Time flies too fast. I can't believe he's already 6 months! I'm going to be in Logan for 3 weeks over Christmas and would LOVE to meet Cache..and of course, see you too:)