Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally on the Charts!


9 months

So this snapshot very much depicts what it was like to shoot the picture. Cache has figured out what we use the camera for now and puts on a little show every time we take it out. I could not get him to lay still with the teddy beside him so you could see how LONG he is. This is the best I got.


So, Cache's measurements at his last appt are:

Height - % 5 Wahoo! We're on the charts finally!
Weight - 18 lbs 6 oz % 15 Growing a bit faster out than up. :) That's part of what makes him cute though.
Head - I can't remember and can't find the paper! I know, bad mom!

The Doc said he's looking great. He expects him to be all caught up developmentally by his 1 year b.day.

Things we want to remember about this age:

  • His little boy voice
  • Rolling everywhere! Still not crawling yet. Getting closer though. :)
  • Favorite baby foods are harvest veggies with and without whole wheat pasta, pears, apricots, carrots peas, and of course rice cereal with pear juice only.
  • Real foods Cache likes are baby carrots (loves to chew on them), pickles (this was just a random try but he actually liked them), and that's it. He really hasn't wanted to try a lot. It has to be REALLY good for him to take it from my hand.
  • Sleeping through the nights
  • Cuddling it up. LOVE IT!
  • His favorite toy right now is this little gem.

For those who can't tell right off, this is Johann Sebastian Bach. (spelling?) He's a wind up doll and plays one of his specialties. Cache LOVES him. Especially his nose, pony tail and hands right now. :)Thanks Uncle Matt and Aunt Kayla!
  • Cache has become quite a little talker lately! He's starting to do the rasberry sounds and recently is making lots of kissing noises.
  • That reminds me. Slobbery kisses are my favorite! He's really such a sweetie!
  • He understands so much it amazes me. He knows certain tunes immediately and shows his excitement by rocking back and forth or jumping up and down and grunting kind of ( I couldn't think of a better way to explain his talking). It's soooo cute.
  • His two little bottom teeth are adorable! His smile was already pretty much the awesomest, but it's to die for now. :) Really? To die for? Whatever!
  • He loves to play with his little light up toys in the bath.
  • Cache wakes up so happy! Unless he's had a bad dream or something.
  • If he is playing on the floor and wants picked up and I walk by him he'll grab my pants and won't let go till I pick him up. If I'm sitting on the floor with him, he'll grab any piece of clothing and hold on for dear life, till I pick him up. Such a funny boy.
  • He's SO happy! He has a laugh that sounds like it might be a cry, but it definitely not. His laugh is so cute. His cry on the other hand is so sad and it only happens if something REALLY sad happens.
  • He's fascinated with other babies. Loves to just stare at them.
This little guys has been such a blessing in our lives. We are loving every minute of this parenthood thing. Every stage is so fun and full of adventure. For Cache his stages have seemed to be longer for him than some, but I'm actually grateful. I feel like I miss so much during the day and in a way this is kinda making up for it. Cache has always been on his own time schedule and we're ok with that. :)

10 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

oh he is soooo cute! Glad to hear he is catching up...not that it matters all that much..we all knew he would! He sounds like such a sweetie! Thanks for sharing!

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

I love the Pictures and post!! He is so cute! Cant wait to see him every sunday!:)

Ash said...

he's getting so darn big! and just adorable. He'll be running over our baby when he gets here! I need to come see you guys.

Condie Family said...

Oh I just LOVE the pictures. He really is the happiest baby I have every seen. Love him so much.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

cutie pie!!!

Taiya Brown said...

He just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!:) I can't believe he's 9 months, wow time flies! That's so cute he grabs onto your pants when he wants picked up haha

Doug and Marilyn said...

What a big boy!! He is such a stud! Glad he's doing so well.

Annie said...

So cute Anna!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am sending kisses for those cute cheeks! I am soo glad he is doing well.

Lisa said...

Cache is a stud. The older he gets, the harder it is for me to decide if he looks more like you or more like John. It's so fun to read your mommy posts. I wish we were neighbors! Any chance you and Ashlee want to move your families back here and hang out with us every day?