Wednesday, November 21, 2012

First Part of November

 John and I ran the First Dam 5k with the Dayley's. I love that John is willing to run with me. 

   

One day it was super nice outside so we went to the park and played outside a bit. 












Cache insisted on riding his bike while I ran. It ended up being more like a walk/drag Cache on his bike. But I made him stay on it the whole time. 
On the way home he got quite a ways behind me so I turned around and found this.

How long do you suppose I'll be able to run faster than my boy can ride his bike?


Afterwards we ate lunch and my kids just couldn't stop lovin on each other. :) Does a mamma's heart good to see this. :)


Sometime in November we were playing outside and Season wanted a picture.



Just another picture of my princess, blurry of course, but I think she's still cute.

Boise Temple Open House
 On November 7th the kids and I headed up to the Boise Temple Open House with my parents. My kids just love the temple soooo much. They are constantly asking me to drive by it, and to go inside. These open houses are really the only times they can until they turn 12 so I've got to nurture that love as much as I possible before then. Plus, after the last open house experience I really wanted to give it another try. The Boise Temple is the one I grew up going to and it holds a special place in my heart as well. 
 We rode up all together in my parents van. The kids did great on the ride.   
The video went so much better this time for both kids. Season just kept saying "Temple" over and over again. As loud as she could! I couldn't be upset about that though. It was too cute! 
Once inside the kids just kept saying "Pretty!" and "Jesus' house!" They LOVED it and were sooooooo good. 
Afterwards I asked Cache what his favorite part. He told me, "The Lights!" It really was so beautiful inside. 
I'm so glad we took the time to go. It was kinda a hard decision to come up by myself. John really wanted to be able to go, but things with work just weren't working out. I just had a strong feeling I just needed to buck up and do it and so that's what I did. It was all worth it.      




I really love this picture. I love my little Mamma's girl.

That night we drove back to Twin and stayed with my parents. The next day started for us at 5:30 AM with Cache throwing up. I'm not sure how he got this bug, but he threw up all day. Cache is not a sickly person. The last time he had thrown up was before he was even one and he didn't remember what it was like. Poor kid. At first he was trying to explain to me what was happening. He told me he couldn't stop coughing. He was scared and crying and then I heard the cough and knew he was trying to throw up. I had to teach him not to swallow it back down, but to let it come out. I didn't realize that was something that needed to be taught!

Actually the saddest thing was when he would try to throw up and nothing would come, he would look at me with tears in his eyes and say, "Mom, I can't do it! It's too hard!" The first time, and probably the second and third, I cried. I wanted so badly to take his place and be sick for him. The love I felt for him was just a small glimpse of what our Savior must have felt when he did take upon himself all our pains. It was a good learning moment for me.   

Anyway, in between being sick Cache was trying to run and play like usual. He did NOT want being sick to slow him down and he really just wanted to be playing at Grandma's. I was so glad to be at my mom's and have her help. And my Brother and Dad were able to give him a Priesthood blessing to help him get better as well. I'm so grateful for them and their worthiness to bless my boy when his Daddy is not around.

Later in the day I started to get worried though that I wouldn't be able to make it back to Logan by myself with a kid that was throwing up every 1/2 hour. I had to get home so I could finish up last minute details for Youth Conference. Plus Cache had been asking for his Dad all day and I was anxious to see John too. I was dreading the drive, and just kept trying to wait it out. Finally at about 5:30 pm it felt like I was almost being pushed out the door. I prayed that we'd be able to make it home safely and in a timely manner, but knew I had to get going. So I quickly packed the kids in and took off.
I felt like we were really  being watched over. Cache did great and we did stop to go to the bathroom twice, but there was no throwing up and both kids slept most of the way. Plus we beat the big snow storm that rolled in a few hours later. Such a blessing, and I was able to be home to work on the Etiquette dinner that was the next day. Cache was better after that and none of the rest of us really got sick. More Blessings! 

A Busy Weekend
We had Youth Conference Nov 9th and 10th.
It was a little too quiet one day while I was trying to get things ready for our Youth Conference. I came downstairs to find my kids in my make-up. Lovely. 


 The Young Women were in charge of the Friday night Etiquette Dinner. It turned out Amazing!!!! We had Copper Mill make the Chicken Courdon Bleu, and members from the ward prepare rolls, salad, soup and baked potatoes, and then had cheesecake for dessert. 
Other people from the ward helped serve and run the kitchen and did an excellent job. It was quite the fancy dinner. For next time the only thing I would do different is decorate the church a bit more so it feels like we are in a really nice place. 
My awesome sister Sarah and another nice young man from our ward, Josh Gill, talked a about etiquette between boys and girls and reminded us all that Chivalry is NOT dead and for the girls to expect it! 
 A mom of one of the Young Women, Marlene Martineau, did a great job training us on everything else etiquette. I learned and was reminded of lots of good things in case I'm ever invited to dine with the President of the U.S. of A. :)  Even our lovely 12 year old boys listened to her and learned.
This, sadly, is the only picture taken of the night. :( Proof we really did do it. These are their place cards. 
The next day for Youth Conference I was not feeling well, but showed up anyway for the fireside/service/activity portion of Youth Conference. I'm glad I did. I was NOT in charge this day so I just got to come and hang out. Yay! :) We did a service scavenger hunt which was so fun, and then had lunch and played games. It was a great success. I was tired at the end of it. I'm sure John was too since he was in charge of the kids that whole long time while I was away. He's such a great daddy!


We weren't too tired to go to the Aggie game that night though. :) Woohoo! Goooooo Aggies!!!!! They won! :)  Season played at Grandma and Grandpa's and Cache came with us. I think they were both happy with the arrangement. Cache was sooo good and really got into the game. Lots of THANKS to Sarah and Garrett for giving us tickets! It was a fun night.  

The next day was Sunday, which usually is not a day of rest for me anymore. This day though I didn't have any meetings, and I didn't have to teach, but we did have our Young Womens Night of Excellence. Our girls put it all together. They got a speaker, took care of the treats, invitations, music and all the other planning. They are pretty awesome! I was so proud of them. 

My Counselors and I. We love each other. I look like a boy with my hair pulled back, no time to do my hair that morning. 
 Earlier in the day... I wish I had a camera besides just my phone! Season was being so cute with my shoes and purse on after church and I just couldn't capture it as well as I wanted.







No comments: