Friday, May 23, 2014

I suppose I'll start with today...

I need to start by saying that though I haven't sat down to really journal, I've thought so many times about it and different things that I need to record, and now that I'm actually sitting at the computer with a few spare minutes my mind is blank. I always think that I'll have more time in the day, or when I do get a spare second it seems that I fill it up with other things, like an occasional shower. Mmmmm... it sure feels good to be clean now and then.

So, since the past is lost to me tonight that will have to come later, Tonight I'll write about today.

Today was one of the those days that I woke up with lots of ambition but hardly any energy. For some reason this week we've been getting to bed really late. It might have something to do with Daddy coming home late and then the sun going down later that makes it hard to really take bedtime seriously. The kids have been going to be around 9 and then I've been staying up late cleaning and doing laundry. Anyway, last night was bedtime at midnight. Up a few times with the daughter that fell asleep at the table at 6:30 pm,  and then up at 6 am with the whole crew. Since I got rid of cable two days ago I couldn't just turn on Curious George like I normally would, so I didn't get that few extra minutes of sleep I always crave in the morning. I did however get my scripture reading done and comments read on the BofM365 instagram page that I follow. ** I haven't missed one day of scripture reading this year because of this awesome challenge!** Go me! And I'm so grateful for the added spirit that comes with everyone's participation in it. I feel like I'm in an institute class but one that I can stay in my nighties for. :)

I had plans to spend a lot of time in the garden, but instead I only got to spend a little time there and then lots of other things. We cleaned a bit, went shopping, read stories, watched some ninja turtles that Cache got for his bday, (post to come soon, hopefully it won't take me as long to get to that as it did for Season's) had a quick and easy chili dinner, then baths and bedtime.

Looking back on my day some of my highlights were this conversation:
Me: Season, go close the patio door please.
Season: No
Me: Bugs will get in our house if we don't keep the door closed. Do you want bugs in the house?
Season: No

Aaaaaaaaand she just sits there.

In comes Cache.

Cache: Season if you don't close the door we're going to take you to a Barber Shop and get you a crazy hair cut.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand she just sits there.

I ended up shutting the door.

Later on at the store, I'm at Wal-Mart to exchange the walkie talkies Cache got for his birthday for some that actually worked. It's my second attempt since the first time I forgot my wallet. Loading and unloading 3 kids 5 and under is not my idea of fun. And then to have to do it again, now that puts me a little over the edge most days. This day though, I felt it was important for Cache to be able to use his birthday present so I bucked up and just did it. On the second attempt into the store I had to scold Season for almost running out in front of a car while I was getting Ruby out, but we made it in one piece. While in the store I ended up putting Season in the cart with Ruby since she couldn't stay right by me, and after a loooooooong time we finally found decent replacement walkie talkies. Yay. And since it wouldn't be a normal trip to the store without a potty stop, we headed there right after. Again, not my favorite thing, to haul three kids into a store bathroom, and even more inconvenient when I have to go myself. Ugh!

 Now this is where things turned wonderful for me at the store. While I was in one of the stalls, Season and Cache were suppose to be washing their hands, but were having a hard time doing it themselves. There was a sweet young Walmart employee in there that helped them, talked with them, and made sure they were ok while I couldn't be right there. I heard her talk to them sweetly, and then right before she left and I got out of the stall, she reminded them to obey their mommy in the kindest way. I almost cried, it was such a nice thing to do. She didn't have to help them. She could have hurried back to her job. She could have given me a dirty look when I got out for being crazy enough to bring my crazy 3 kids to the store, and then to try to have us all use the restroom. But she didn't, she was kind, and gentle and sweet, and I wanted to hug her for it. I wish I knew her name. I wish I could tell her thank you but I never got the chance. I hope she is blessed for her sweetness.

The rest of the day seemed to go by without many problems and now I'm just waiting for the husband to get home from work so we can eat ice cream, watch a movie and snuggle.

Tonight I'm truly feeling blessed, and I'm happy to be able to take a second to document it.

I hope I can do this more often, even if it's just a very small recorded memory. A little is definitely better than none.

No comments: