Season's day started out early of course. She woke up to presents on the table and balloons and a birthday banner. This is the first time that I've ever been prepared the night before. Wahoo For progress!
The presents on the table weren't a great idea though because she just couldn't resist opening them before everyone was up. Lesson learned. Next time I'll bring the presents out later.
My parents were staying with us that night so we had a nice big breakfast that morning. Season got to play with her presents and get all dressed up in her new princess dresses and I think the kids might have even gotten a nap. I actually can't quite remember. Then we headed to the Jump Zone and met up with the Condies. Season and Cache were so excited to get to play with their cousin Lainey. They play so well together, I love it. Later that evening we had a fun and BIG party at Sky View. We swam, had a pinata that I slaved for weeks over, ate cake, and opened presents. It actually was a pretty easy party and we invited All of Season's little friends and their entire families, since it was a swim party. The theme was Disney's "Frozen", and I think Season loved every bit of it. I'm pretty sure she felt special and loved, and we all had a great time. Here are some pictures of the day:
And also, this wouldn't be a proper birthday post without an update on Season. It would take me all day to try to explain her. She is sooooo sooooo sweet most of the time. She's tender hearted, but doesn't show it easily. She's dramatic for sure, and can rival the worst temper tantrum throwers, but when it comes to deep down feelings, like fear or love, she's pretty quiet about it. She is a DREAM big sister. She loves and cares for her little baby sis and I'm so so grateful they have each other. She is also an awesome little sister and perfect play mate and best friend for Cache. I LOVE watching them play. They are so funny, and she keeps up with him so well that they get a long most of the time. Because she can do just about everything that Cache can, she has a hard time understanding why she can't always participate in the things he is, like preschool, or swimming lessons, or soccer. Poor girl just wants to join right in. Season is still as smart as can be. I've said it before, but I always forget how old she actually is, and because of that, I'm afraid I've required her to maybe grow up a bit too soon. Poor girl hasn't been aloud to make many mistakes in her life, and I hope she's not permanently damaged because of it. Our Season has a wonderful imagination. She loves princesses has memorized every song from Frozen and many other princess movies, and is so girly, all despite my lack of creativity and girlyness. Season still eats well, and sleeps terrible. She has her good moments and bad moments with potty training. It's rough I tell ya. In nursery at church she is known as the "Mother Hen". She loves babies and littler kids than her and she treats them so gently for the most part, but I'm sure also bosses them around. Typical big sister. ;)
I really can't imagine our lives without this wonderful daughter of mine. She has taught me so much and I'm so so grateful for her.



























1 comment:
That top right picture of Season sitting in the red dress? Totally an Anna smile! She looks more like you than Kayla in that shot. ;)
And I love that you slaved for weeks over a pinata that would be destroyed in minutes or seconds. It sounds just like something I would do! Also, it looks REALLY, REALLY amazing!
What a sweet and amazing girl Season is, and she's super blessed in her parents.
Post a Comment