I know a lot of you have stopped looking at this blog altogether since it's been so long since there's been an update. Sorry about that. Well, the last couple of months have been good and busy. I finally have a little down time and thought I'd update a little bit. I'll just give some highlights.
NOVEMBER
- Went to my Bro's farewell. He did a great job! I don't think I've ever heard him speak before. He was 10 when I left to go to college. I don't know what I was expecting something, less mature I guess, but he was so grown up. He's going to be a very good missionary.
That next week we took him to the MTC. That was a bitter sweet feeling. I hadn't been there, of course, since I got dropped off there. That happened to be a very hard day for me and then The MTC was a hard place for me for the short 3 weeks I was there because I was very sick the whole time. I was even taken to the hospital once. Life changing memories. Not all good. So dropping Brian off was hard. I knew his experience was going to be much better than mine. But still... - Thanksgiving - It was our year to be with John's family. We went to Grandma and Grandpa Martins with the rest of the Martin clan. It was really fun to be there with everyone. My job was to make sweet pototoes. That was my first time, and they actually turned out really good. Of course dinner was amazing. The next day we did the Black Friday thing and got some great deals on our Christmas presents and then later that afternoon headed to Park City, went to the movies and slept in very comfy hotel beds. It was a great Thanksgiving. This year I was very thankful for family. I thought of so many people who are by themselves for Thanksgiving and appreciated loving people that surround us.
DECEMBER
- Lots of School stuff! I was very busy with school. So busy it took us a few weeks to get the Christmas Tree decorations up. So busy John did most of the cooking and cleaning. So busy I didn't catch much of the holiday spirit until just before Christmas. Bad Anna!
- BYU Bowl game - Garrett, my bro in law came up with 4 tickets to the Bowl game in Vegas so Sarah, Garrett, John and I all headed down to Vegas. We had a lot of fun, stayed in the MGM Grand in the most modern rooms I've ever been in, got really tired and then watched BYU lose. We're really not BYU fans. Oh and the ride down was sure fun. We left Friday, I think it was the 19th, if you remember in Utah I don't think it ever stopped snowing that day, all the way down to St. George. No joke. It took us 11 1/2 hours, when it normaly takes 7 1/2. The ride back was better.
- And finally Christmas. It was good. We spent it with my family in Twin. My sis from Monterey was there with her hubby Matt. We ate good and got way spoiled. It was a little weird that my little bro wasn't there. And since he's still in the MTC he couldn't call home. We were sad. But it was great to be with the fam. We stayed an extra day than planned because of the roads and were glad to get a little more time.
- And that brings us to now. We took down the tree already. Christmas is officially over and we're ready for a new year. Yeah 2009!
3 comments:
You guys definitely have been busy! But busy with good stuff at least. Sounds like your holidays were lots of fun. We're excited to see you in a few days!
Yay! We've been waiting for you to come back to blog world! Sometime when you're in Twin, we need to go to lunch...your mom can fix it, like the old days. haha!
Hey Anna, I just found your blog!! It is so good to see how you are doing. I can't believe Brian is on a mission, seriously, we are old.
Post a Comment