Wednesday, December 31, 2008

How could I forget?????

There's one major thing that happened in December that I neglected to post. John says I forgot altogether, but this is not true. I remembered all day. We just didn't do a huge celebration this year. But.... December 23rd was a very big day in the Swenson household. We had our 2nd Anniversary! Hooray, we made it 2 years! And it has flown by. Seriously. These have really been the best 2 years of my life, no joke. John is a wonderful guy and we have so much fun together. Plus, I really lucked out with great in laws also.
These are a few memories of the day:
It was snowy.
My roomie Court had a friend do my hair. She did an amazing job
We were a little late getting to the temple, and poor John was nervous I wasn't going to show.
The sealing room was packed. No standing room left.
I cried. Didn't think I was going to, but did. It was just so cool.
We had the best Luncheon. Chicken Cordon Bleu and Cheesy potatoes. Lee's Catered.
The reception was beautiful. My Mother in Law did a great job with all the decorations.
The cheesecake was delicious.
Lots of people came through the line.
My feet were very tired at the end of the night.
Everything worked out perfectly, but most important I got to go home that night with the most amazing man, and get to spend the rest of eternity with him. I'm a lucky girl!
Oh, and I asked John what he remembered most. All he said was sex. What a guy! :) Here are a few pics from the day.










8 comments:

julie said...

oh you're so pretty! I love John's honesty..had he said anything I would have said, "Liar!"

Traci said...

Oh what a cute picture! Rem read it too and had to laugh at the end :)
It's fun to have good friends like you guys :)

Molly Rivera said...

I can't believe how time flies! It seems like you two just got married! Happy Anniversary!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

You two are a dang cute couple! You were such a beautiful bride. So fun to see those pics. Hope you guys did something fun to celebrate 2 years of complete BLISS!!! Oh...and John's answer...SO true!!!

Court and Brade said...

Oh yeah... Who did I have do your hair? I seriously can't even remember! hmmmmmmmm. remind me! Yes, it was a cold and beautiful and day and the reception was gorgeous... I mostly remember 3 things from that day: 1- it was freezing cold outside the temple 2- i was happy for you guys... but i was SO wishing that I could go in the temple with you! 3- I wanted to reception to be done so I could go to Idaho and see the man I was falling in love with that would become my hubby! ha ha fun memories! BTW, I like how you didn't mention the BIG news in a post... but that you have a baby ticker on your side bar! silly girl.

Lisa said...

How crazy! Has it really been two years? Congrats on everything to you two!

Andy and Mallory: said...

I've known John for a long time and it was so weird to see him get married but I was so excited that it was you because I knew we could hang out and have a good time. I remember the ring ceremony in the temple. Dave forgot that he had the rings and it took him about 30 seconds to realize he had them. It was so funny!

*LaUrA* said...

I am little behind here but maybe you will still see my comment...

Congrats on 2 years!!! You are dang gorgeous!!

I have tried to get Josh several times to recount some of his favorite things about our big day so I can write them down...so far it has been just one answer over and over again...really are all guys really just the same!?!?!