Thursday, January 8, 2009

Hello everyone, it's John here. It's 1:37 p.m. on Thursday. Outside it is partly cloudy and anywhere between 32 and 45 degrees outside, i'm not really sure. All I know is that for about the first time this week I didn't get RT while walking home from school.
I have some time before King of Queens comes on so I thought I would fulfill an earlier commitment I made to Anna about writing something on our blog This is my first time ever blogging so I'm a little nervuos. See, I spelled nervous wrong because I really am nervous. I am going where no husband (at least the ones on Anna's contact list) has gone before. Up until now I have left all of the writing duties to Anna.
Okay between the last sentence and this one I sat here thinking about what else to say for like five whole minutes which is way to long for a good blogger so I will just have to skip to some good news for the Swenson Family; here it goes: There is something growing inside of my wife's belly. The doctor told us it was a baby and printed off some pictures to prove it. That's right, Anna is with child. We are really excited. She is almost 14 weeks along and the due date is July 11th. In the middle of February we will go to the doctor to receive confirmation that it is infact a boy. j/k but, seriously. She is doing really good and does awesome handling the difficulties of being pregnant and teaching school full time. She's tough. Both of our parents are way excited as it will be the first grandkid on both sides. We don't have any set names, Anna never seems to agree with any of the distinguished names I come up with, but we do have a while to decide.
Anyways that's the big news and my first blog. Have a good day.

15 comments:

laci said...

Oh...John. That was perfect! Spoken like a true father, from RT to future children.

But YAY!!! We are so excited for you guys! Maybe even more excited that our kid will have an automatic friend, and possibly even boyfriend, if indeed your test follows through. Congrats again, we love you guys!

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

CONGRATS!

Chase and Nahomi said...

oh john you had me laughing out loud! Congrats on the little baby again! We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet your little "boy"!

julie said...

oh hooray!!! So excited for you!

Shane and Amy Jo said...

SO excited for you guys! Hope you are feeling well Anna. Good luck with the pregnancy. Be sure to keep us updated!!!

Annie said...

YAY!!! ANNA!!!!! Congratulations! Good luck girlfriend....you're brave. I'm not there quite yet.

Court and Brade said...

good work Mr. John! I liked the weather report at the beginning of the post :) SO excited for you guys to HAVE A LITTLE GIRL--- our little boy's first girlfriend :)

Dave and Alisha said...

Haha this is such a Great post!! Its so stinking funny. I was wondering when you were going to share that. but anyway CONGRATS! Were so happy for you guys.

Cheri said...

Anna! Hi, remember me? I just saw your blog for the first time and it happens to be the one where you announce a baby! How fun. Anyway, congratulations on your baby, I hope you're feeling well.
Cheri

Traci said...

OH yeah! Congratulations! And John, good job on your first blogging experience! You can keep all the updates while Anna's busy being a cute prego wife!
How exciting, and good luck with it all! :)

Ash said...

Seriously Anna, I don't know why you don't like Kip....

Dave and Alisha said...

I tagged you so check out my blog for details.

Andy and Mallory: said...

Love it! I still don't get why Anna doesn't approve of Kip or Chester.

Jenete said...

Congrats Anna and John! We find out what we are having a week from tomorrow. I sure by then it will seem a little more real for us, even though we got pictures to prove it also.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so we have some future playdates to plan. My due dates June 30th...and a boy. I wish we lived closer. Maybe in a few years when Kacy and I are done with school. I am sooooooo excited for you. I can't picture you with a big belly though. Pictures!