John, Cache and I got back last night from a mini vacation. It was UEA weekend and I had Wed-Fri off so we headed south. It was great timing too, considering it was snowing in Logan when we left.
So stinkin' cute!
We stayed in Mesquite for 2 nights. We golfed, bowled, tried to get in a freezing cold pool, enjoyed the sunshine and absolutely no responsibilities. Cache handled everything, even the 6 hour drive, great. He got a little bit of sun somehow even though he was in the shade 97% of the time and was lathered in sunscreen, but he doesn't seem bothered by it. Unfortunately the poor kid got my fair skin.
Friday we headed back and stopped in SLC to go to the Zoo with John's family. We stayed in a hotel in Layton and tried swimming again. The pool was soooo much warmer, but still not as warm as Cache wanted it. The kid likes heat!
Saturday we went to Lagoon with the fam. Fun Times! Cache even went on the train and the carousel. He's such a good little trooper.
We came back home last night and are grateful for the Conference Sunday where we can relax one more day before going back to work.
8 comments:
How fun.. it has been awhile since you guys went somewhere good job. and if you want/need to get out of the house this week call us. we could use a break since we just stayed home all weekend.
oooh I love how Cache chubbed right up! So cute! I am glad you got to get away for a while...I adore little getaways and try to take them as often as possible! Have a great week!
I love the new pictures. Look at Caches cheeks, yum. I bet you like to kiss those. Glad you got a vacation.
I did try and call you! It snowed all day in Twin yesterday, big, fat, wet flakes for hours and hours. I was wondering if it was doing the same in Logan...now I understand why you weren't answering.
Lily and I are dying to kiss Cache's cute chubby cheeks. We think you need to come and visit us - pronto!
Love the picture and updates! Thanks for the call the other day. It was so good to chat.
Oh how fun! That's nice you guys got to get away for a few days! I love that last pic of you three, so cute!
What a nice get a way! I was just catching up on your blog. Cache is getting so big, and looks so healthy. I'm glad you have a good situation with your work schedule, that is great!
What a fun vacay. And I bet it was so nice to go somewhere warm. That picture of Cache and John's dad is SO SO cute. Love it.
Post a Comment