Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Movin'

Cache started Crawling! Last Wed or Thurs he was doing the army crawl. We were so thrilled with just that and figured that he would be army crawlin' for another week or so. Then Saturday night he surprised us and just started crawling. Of course towards the computer. We had to get a video of course.



Also, Lately Cache REALLY wants to be just like Daddy. It's sooooo cute! Here's a few examples.

And here's where I PLEAD for some advice. This child doesn't like food! Well, he's quite picky anyway. I'm sure we are doing this whole parenting thing ALL wrong. He only likes his bottle. We have been successful with some of the Gerber 2nd foods like Beef and Vegetable, and Chicken and Vegetable and Chicken and Rice, and Harvest Veggies with whole grain. Then he'll eat some of those Gerber puff things but That's it. Seriously! IT! We have learned Veggies are good. Which I'm not complaining about AT all. I'm just not sure how to get him to eat table foods which his Dr told us to try. He won't let us put anything in his mouth. He has to do it. So all you smart mothers, aunts, and sisters out there. WHAT DO WE DO??? What our next step?

As a side note.... It is snowing like it's December here in Logan and in 5 days we will be headed to Sunny St. George! CAN"T WAIT!

5 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Ok so your title kinda through me for a loop. I really thought you were going to say you were moving. IM so glad I miss understood. (I mean cause we see each other so much now, but really we would miss you on big events) maybe we shoudl just plan a date night for no reason?? I cant believe he is getting so big!

Jenete said...

That's exciting he is crawling:) I wish I knew what to do for Klaus he is not thrilled about table foods either. Last time he tried them he gaged and threw-up all the rice cereal and sweet potatoes I had just feed him. But one thing he does like to gum is an apple. I usually just take a bite to get the skin off and then let him gum it for a while. It must feel great on his sore gums from teething.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Don't worry about the food thing and do not force it because he will resist you more. Trey was the same and I would just set him up at the table and give him a plate like ours and sometimes he would not eat anything...little by little he started. Trey still prefers veggies and fruit over anything else. He will get it! Just give him a variety of foods. We found that Treyson loved BEANS so if that was the only thing he would eat then that was fine..LOL! It frustrating at time but you are an awesome MOM, keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Hm. I am not smart, but I will give you this advice. Do the yum yum, mmmmm, smile, this is good when you eat something you want him to try and then put some in front of him. He might try it, he might not. Just keep it there for him and eventually he will try it.

Sorry, that is all I got.

Good luck, I am excited he is army crawling!

Lisa said...

First of all, thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It made me get all choked up and wish that we could give each other a hug.

About food, none of my kids liked rice cereal or jarred baby food much. When they were old enough, I fed them a tablespoon or two of whatever we were eating, but all mushed up. Mashed potatoes were always a big hit, and bananas and applesauce. I don't have a lot of experience with homemade baby food, but I hear it's not too hard and much tastier. Of course, I should consider that I'm writing to the girl who loved baby food peas!

Just keep trying and giving him opportunities. It usually takes a few tries of a new food for kids to decide how they really feel about it.