Monday, March 8, 2010

Ups and Downs

"There must be something good coming around the corner. " This phrase, or something like it, is what my mom would always say growing up. Whenever things got particularly hard, or discouraging, this was her response. She was ALWAYS right. The Book of Mormon teaches us that there is opposition in all things, which goes along very well with what my mom said. There have been some "hard" things lately.

My class - I have wonderful children! All of them, and I really mean that. However, some of them have issues that are beyond their control and every once in awhile I feel like it is too much to handle. The last few months have been especially hard. There are days that make up for it all though, like today, when a few of my students decided to write REALLY nice poems about me, including one of the really tough ones.

Church - LOVE my ward! LOVE my calling! LOVE teaching Young Womens. DON'T love preparing two lessons in a row, cute handouts and everything and then coming to church and not being able to teach them because they've changed the schedule without telling me. Of course the following Sunday the lesson is different. Handout wasted. The church is still true! :) And Heavenly Father knew what those YW needed more than me. I'm grateful for that. I just made sure I asked for a schedule this next time.

Family - My last living Grandparent passed away a few weeks ago. I truly feel like we were inspired to make a spur of the moment trip to say goodbye to her! Good thing we did. She passed away 1 1/2 hours later. Things I'll Miss: Her observations. She always was so aware of what was going on around her and everyone else. Her cookbooks. I think I got at least one EVERY time I saw her till I graduated from highschool. I did have to cut back a bit cause I had so many. Her witty humor. My sister inherited that one so we don't have to miss that one so bad. Her LOVE for the outdoors. She loved nature and gardening. And she was really good at it. I'm trying really hard to have that characteristic. My green thumb has had to be re-dyed a few times though. Her love of nature did not stop with plants. She also LOVED animals. I am not as good of a person and do not feel the same way about them. But again, she instilled that love in most of my other siblings so at least that trait will continue on. If you are reading my blog from heaven, Thanks Grandma for all you taught us! Sure love you!

No comments: