Friday, May 21, 2010

1 Year!!!!!!!

I'm finally getting Cache's Birthday festivities recorded.

Cache's birthday came and went so fast. We had a very simple family get together at our house.Watching Cache open presents and eat cake was the main event. He, of course, liked the wrapping paper and balloons the most and hated the cake. I got him two different kinds cause I was worried he wouldn't like one of them. I don't know what I was thinking. He's never liked sweets. Why I bought him two cakes is still a mystery. G & G Swenson and Stephenson, Abbey, and my cuz Tina and her boys were all there. Cache says thanks for the support and fun gifts. A slide of the night is on the left.
Cache's 1 Year Bday

***********************************************************************************

  1 Year Facts 
  • Length -  27 3/4 in     3 %
  •  Weight - 19 lbs 15 oz    11%
  • Head circ.  44 1/2 cm  7% 
The Doctor said his size may have something to do with his prematurity, but he's betting it's just genetics. Sorry little buddy! 
  • Favorite Foods - Pizza, Macaroni, vegetables, bread, pancakes. We did start him on Whole Milk this week. He's adjusting well. He really still is quite a picky eater. 
  • Least favorite foods - bananas, most fruits, yogurt, applesauce, anything sweet.
  • Words  - Momma, Dadda, and I swear he's starting to say dog. Too, bad since he'll never have one. (I'm definitely not an animal lover)
  • Motor Skills - crawling, furniture walking, high fiving, clapping, and waving only at little girls. At first we thought he just didn't know how until Sunday when he waved at every little girl that waved at him. Not the adults though. Or the little boys.Should I start to be a little worried already??
  • Favorite Games: Patta Cake - He immediately starts clapping when you say it. Peek-a-boo, tag, catch kind of with golf balls and tennis balls. 
  • Favorite items: toothbrush, balloons (he gets so excited every time he sees one), learning table (it plays music, teaches the alphabet, colors, numbers, and more all in English and Spanish), books, hoody strings.
Ah... There's so much  more that I could say about my little buddy! He's just so stinkin' cute. Even though he isn't sleeping in his bed the whole night. He's so good natured and VERY VERY loved by his parents! We feel so blessed to have him in our lives.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I think his size is good for a year old...maybe by two they all start evening out. I just noticed today at play group all the two year olds were all about the same height. Who knows, he might be taller than both you two. :) Well anyway, you need to become a fan on my toddler blog...it is looking pretty sad. Oh, and you have a toddler, so at least it might be entertaining.

    Take Care!