Friday, November 12, 2010

23 Weeks

So this is the belly shot of 23 weeks.

I saw the Doc on Wed. Things are going well. I did get a prescription for Acid Reflux. I had that with Cache and wasn't going to put up with it very long without medication this time. 

I've been feeling soooo much better! I still throw up a couple of times a week first thing in the morning, but not every day this time around! Yeah! :)

Things that I love right now:
  • Feeling the little miss kick. She does kick my bladder more than Cache did though. :)
  • Being able to eat pretty much anything. I'm not as sensitive to tastes and smells anymore. 
  • My energy back. My house stays a little cleaner  and Cache doesn't have to play by himself anymore.
There are lots of people I know that are pregnant right now. And I mean LOTS! Several ladies in my ward are due within a couple of months of me and so on Sunday I found myself comparing my growing belly to theirs. I know everyone is different and so is every pregnancy, but last time I remember very distinctly starting to measure bigger than normal and then all of a sudden I had a little one 2 months early before we were ready, so this time I'm MUCH more aware of  what's going on with my body. 

Sure enough on Sunday I was bigger than ladies 2 months ahead of me so I was anxious to hear from the Doc if I was really measuring bigger again or if I was just imagining it all.

  Doc says I am measuring ahead of schedule again. 
With Cache I started Swelling at about 30 weeks and then had him at 31 so I got home and told John we have 7 weeks to do the following:
  1. Pick a name
  2. Get the bedroom ready- I'll come back to that in a minute 
  3. Have the car seat in the car 
  4. Sanitize and organize the house 
  5. Get a living will together (They asked us for that when I had Cache and it freaked me out!) 
  6. Buy Diapers and onesies 
  7. Freeze some meals 
  8. Pack a Hospital Bag including things for John if we end up at Mckay Dee Again.
I'm sure there's more that I will add to this list but right now those are the basics.

***Before I talk about what the kid's bedroom is going to be like I want to add that I've thought long and hard about if I'm just lacking faith by being prepared for the worse. I've come to the conclusion that because I'm going to be so prepared I will have the baby right on schedule at 38 weeks by c-section. :) (Smiley face included because I'm very aware that nothing I do will change when this little one decides to come.)

Now for the Bedroom... I need help! Creating a bedroom for a boy toddler and a girl baby is really stretching my mind! I've gone back and forth between colors. Right now the room is blue, brown, and white. I thought about making it Black, Red, and Blue and then realized I have all brown furniture so John suggested we go with Green and brown and white. Gender Neutral basically. I like this idea but I do want my little girl, to know she is a girl, though I don't necessarily love all the typical girly things.

Crib bedding that is inspiring me right now:




Toddler bed is a whole other story for me.  This is all I got.

I may just have to make everything. Or go with something totally different,
Anyone have any suggestions???

5 comments:

Traci said...

Oh Anna, you crack me up.... and I love the bedding choices.... so fun! Green is my favorite color and if I ever get a girl I would throw a little purple in there too :) Don't worry about your belly, I think it's cute and a good thing that the little girl is growing nice and healthy.
I enjoyed visiting with you the other day, and look forward to seriously hanging out!

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

I love the green, Brown, and white! Love you guys!

Dave and Alisha said...

I really like the paisley bedding and the camo. but good luck Im in the same boat with a room.

Andy and Mallory: said...

I love the paisley bedding and you can't go wrong with green in my opinion. I'm glad everything is going okay so far with the pregnancy and you look great! I love the Halloween pictures!!

Molly Rivera said...

I'm not any help on the room decorating, because I am totally into really girly stuff! :-) But just have fun with it.
So excited for you!