Cache went to nursery for the first time today. Should I have taken a picture of him in his nursery outfit? It seems like it could have been justified, but no, I didn't think of it.
Anyway, he acted very much like I expected him to. First of all he was sooooo excited when he saw all the toys he let out several squeals to express his joy. Then he found a vacuum and was off. He didn't turn around to see if I was even there until a little girl who was a bit older than him took it from him. I think he wanted me to do something about it. I didn't and so he screamed until she gave it back and then he was back being occupied.
He only turned around one other time to show me that he got the vacuum back upright because he was so proud of himself.
I sat there and watched my little boy all grown up and then I felt the emotion I wasn't expecting. I cried. Maybe because it's a little sad to see your baby not so much a baby anymore. Though he was a whole head shorter than everyone else in the nursery, at that moment he seemed so grown up.
I decided I had better leave so I wouldn't make too much of a scene. I'm proud of myself for getting out of there before anyone actually saw a tear. Once I got back to Sunday School I didn't know what to do with myself. John was teaching so it was great that I could listen but I've gotten out of the habit of bringing scriptures since they were just an extra weight for so long that never got opened at church so I didn't participate. I sat there and wondered how my little man was doing most of the time.
After church I got a report about how the rest of it went. I guess Cache did great until the toys got put away and it was time for snacks. The nursery leader, my cousin Sara, said that he freaked out a bit, but then he got to eating his snacks and was fine. Lesson time was next and that's when he really freaked out. Sara brought Cache to John with only the last 7 minutes of church left. Not so bad I guess. It might take a few times to get used to the routine.
My little buddy was tired though and ready for his nap after church. Perfect!
Despite the sadness I felt, I decided I really do love nursery.
That is what is going on a leaf for my gratitude tree tonight.
4 comments:
I can't believe that he's in nursery already! It is bittersweet, isn't it?
Go Cache! I'm sure he'll be the ladies man of the nursery. I love the haircut BTW.
He's getting so big! Nursery....I don't know if I'm ready for that yet:)
That is great! He is growing up...that is a little sad. I can see you all over that boy, especially the smile. Cute boy. Well hope nursery keeps going well! Yipee!
Post a Comment