Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Have a Gratitude Attitude....

Did anyone else grow up  with the Standing Tall books and tapes? Well, this was one of the songs from one of the books and it's been on my mind every since I looked at one of my besties blogs this morning. Lisa! You instilled the spirit of thanksgiving in me and I'm excited to celebrate it all month long.

 Lisa had the great idea to do a family gratitude tree for the month of November and started last night for FHE. She made the tree out of brown paper bags and it turned out so cute. After I saw it I had to copy her so here is mine. It is soooooo not as cute as hers, but I never was as artistically talented as she is and I've come to terms.

The idea is to add leaves to the tree full of things you are thankful for. Lisa asked for people to leave a comment with things others are thankful for too and those will be added to the tree as well and since I have no unique thought of my own and this is such a good idea I'm doing the same. (Hope you don't mind Leese! ;) )

If there is anything you are thankful for and would like it to be on our door please leave a comment. Hopefully we'll be able to fill the tree up and have the spirit of gratitude with us all month long! My goal is to put three new things every day! Right now that seems quite easy, but towards the end of the month I'm sure I'll be thinking differently. Or maybe not.

Happy Gratitude Month everyone!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ahhh! So cute! I'm thankful for fun ideas like this one that will fix my overwhelmed mood today! In fact, if you don't mind I think I'll copy you in my classroom AND at my house! Thanks for reminding me of what is important!

Lisa said...

I love it! And your tree is SO cute! I'm thankful for lifelong friends who stand the test of time and distance.

Miss you and love you!