Monday, June 6, 2011

Mommy Tears

Definition: The tears mom's cry when their children do the following:Are born, get sick, smile for the first time, roll over for the first time, say their first word, walk, fall down and scrape their knee, get stitches on their lip, stay at grandma and grandpa's house over night for the first time, go to nursery for the first time, don't want to go to nursery anymore, won't sleep at night, give great big forgiving hugs, go to school, say a talk in primary, get baptized, get their driver's license, start dating, go on missions, get married, have children of their own, and a whole bunch of stuff in between. 


My Awesome Mom and the woman I inherited my Mommy Tears from. :)
What I've had Mommy Tears about in the last few weeks:

When my Dad just mentioned the idea of having Cache come home with them for the day and night since we would be coming up the very next day. Yep Bawled! GREAT BIG Mommy tears. It was so unexpected and the thought of being away from him for a whole day and night broke my heart right in two. Ridiculous I know, but the only time I've ever been away from him for that long was when Season was born and that was just a day and night because I decided to do a V-Bac and not a C-Section for that specific reason. So I wouldn't be away from him longer than I had to. Cache did not end up going with them because the separation anxiety was more than I could handle at the time. When I explained to John what had happened he told me I have GOT to get over that! In the most loving way possible of course. I'm working on it and John and I actually do have a little 2 day get-away planned in just a few weeks. :) Wish me luck!
Picture taken just after I got done crying about it all. Cache felt bad I was crying so he came over to comfort me.

 When Cache wouldn't go into the nursery at my parents ward. I felt so bad, I think he thought we were abandoning him and then I started thinking maybe I was too soft and not helping him at all by bailing him out of nursery and he was going to have some kind of  weird attachment issues and then I cried cause I realized I was not as good and strong of a mom as I wanted to be but didn't know how to change. Oh boy. John again was very loving and told me I have GOT to get over this! :) Yep, just more to work on.

My cute little dude!
Friday, June 3rd when I put the 4 wheeler on the bottom stair landing to vacuum and Cache decided to ride the four wheeler down the remaining 4 stairs. Blood everywhere from hitting his head and more mommy tears because I knew I shouldn't have put the 4 wheeler up there even for a second though I was right there. Ugh! And it is really awful seeing your kid in pain. FYI  - this did not require stitches, though we did take a trip to Insta Care to flush the wound out. Again, very painful for my little guy.

More Mommy tears just yesterday when my cute Season rolled over - A REAL rollover- for the first time! Oh I was so proud. :)

We've got to work on getting a smile for the camera out of this one. She's still so darn cute anyway!
Another poem to go along with this and the reason I've been thinking about it for the past several weeks. (I'm in to poetry right now if you can't tell. If you have a good one send it my way or post it so I can see it. :) )
Oh and PS go here if you're getting into poetry and want to see more good poems for mom's and dads.

Mommy Tears

Mommy tears started long ago,
when your Dad proposed to me,
when I said yes they were happy tears
when he knelt on bended knee.
Mommy tears came once again
on the day that you were born,
these tears were mixed with Daddy's love
on that unforgetful morn.
Mommy tears were shed once more
when you spoke your very first word,
I thought that day would never come,
for Mama I swore I heard.
There were times when you got sick
and your fever came on fast,
my tears of worry started to fall
wondering how long this would last.
It wasn't long and you started school,
I kept strong as I watched you go,
but when I came into the house
Mommy tears had a steady flow.
Soon, I know, there will be a time
when you become a man,
for Mommy tears will slowly fall
when another holds your hand.
Someday you'll understand these tears
when you hold your daughter or son,
but for now I'll keep you to myself
as Mommy tears are never done.

...Author Unknown
 

 

Cute Kids!



 

5 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I LOVE THE POEM AND CUTE KIDS!! I HAVE LOTS OF MOMMY TEARS TOO:)

Ash said...

Just so you know, crying (on Cache's part) when you leave him some place shows he has a strong attachment to you and John. which is a very good thing, he'll be able to have better relationships and more self-confidence among other things, so while the tears are difficult to see as a mom, it means you are doing a great job of loving your children and helping them experience the world in a healthy way! Good job! :)You should have mommy tears of pride!

Traci said...

AHH this had me need several tissues! It's so funny the instant emotions you have once you become a mom. Worry, sadly being at the top of that list!
Thanks so much again for your help the other day with the floor, you guys were serious lifesavers! It sounds like we may be meeting soon, so I look forward to it :)
Also, I when you and John head out on your little vacation, have fun. I'm not sure if you remember Anne Friedli from the ward, but she told me once before we were about to leave the boys, "that everything would be just fine" for some reason her saying it.... maybe because of her wisdom, it helped me relax so much and have "faith, rather than fear".
You're an awesome mom, I always think that. :)

Wow, that was long, sorry!

Michelle said...

It was so great seeing you today and I am so glad that I can keep up on your blog now!

M and M said...

Oh Anna! I love this post, because it is exactly how I have been feeling lately! You are just the cutest mom. I love keeping up with your cute little family! Thanks for being great!