As I was bathing Season the other night, after a very long day, Cache thought he heard his Daddy downstairs and started yelling his name over and over from the top of the stairs. I had to explain it wasn't Daddy and he would be home soon, but after not being able to see his dad for almost 48 hours, he had a breakdown. He was sooooo disappointed! He cried while I dressed Season and while I got him ready for his bath, and then once I got him in, he cried some more. He usually LOVES his baths but all he wanted was to be held by me. We ended up doing just a very fast bath, got pajamas on quickly, and then we really did hear the garage door open. I said, "Guess who's home?" and Cache shouted, "Da Da!" and ran to the stairs continuing to shout for him until he got a response. His Daddy really was home and all was right in the world again. I was reminded of the Primary Song, "I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home".It makes such a difference when John is able to be there to wrestle with him, play hide-and-seek, read stories and scriptures, and say prayer right before bed. I love watching their connection.
I'm not the best at schedules and routines always, but our bedtime routine is the best. Especially when Daddy is home.
No comments:
Post a Comment