My little girl has been 9 months for a few weeks now and my excuse for not yet posting is that I don't have a camera. Again. John and I have decided to just plan on getting a new one for every major holiday or birthday next year. This is why I will never spend more than $100 on one. We're thinking disposable might actually be better for us. And so, this post will be without cute pictures, but I just can't wait any longer and count on remembering the details.
Back to Season! Oh man, this girl is just Awesome!
First, her stats:
Length - 27 in"- 30% Wowza!
Weight - 17lbs - 17 %
Head Circ -16 %
She's doing great and has been so healthy.
At about 8 1/2 months Season started doing the army crawl thing while we were on vacation. It didn't take her long once we got home to full out crawl and she's LOVING being able to get around! It's made such a difference in her personality. She's really so happy unless she's hungry or tired, and even then, she's pretty patient.
Another thing that has helped is that she eats solids now. And I mean solids. No baby food for this one, she never liked it. For her it must be finger foods that she can pick up and eat herself. Every once in a while I'll get her to take a spoon full of something but what we discovered about this little one already is that she is quite independent.
Season still nurses about 4 times a day as well, she never has taken a bottle. But since she can eat other foods now I've been able to get a little bit more of a break. I feel so much more relaxed and am not as worried about being away from her for more than 2 hours.
I know I say this every time, but she is such a sweetheart. I can tell she's aware when the mood changes and gets concerned for whoever is upset. We in turn are all concerned when she is upset because she is still really good at letting us know and won't let us forget it until it's fixed.
A few sounds we hear from her are Ma Ma, Da Da, and Ba Ba. I'm not convinced that she doesn't know what she's saying. She started saying ba ba after hearing Cache yelling Ball! Ball! Ball! Season also has a cute little grunt, and a wonderful laugh that is so fun.
Season still wakes up 1 to 2 times a night. She gave me 3 nights of at least seven hours a few weeks back and I started to get excited, but that obviously didn't last.
Motor Skills have come easier and faster to Season than her brother, but that was expected. She is pulling herself up to stand, and even crawled up a step the other day. We will need to get one of those gate things soon. I realized that when she flaps her arms when we go into a new room and she sees new people that is her wave. It's really cute. And last night she was clapping for herself when she pulled herself up to the ottoman. This is such a fun age!
She's still a momma's girl, and I don't mind one bit. She does get excited to see her Daddy more often now though, and is usually fine being with other people if I'm not around.
Some of my favorite things about our Season are:
Her curiosity. She wants to play with, or put in her mouth everything she sees. We are back to vacuuming daily again. There were a few months in there where it could be an every other day thing. No longer!
I LOOOOVE when she crawls into my lap or grabs onto my pant leg and holds on. I'm sure if she were stronger I'd be dragging her around the house with me that way. It won't take long I'm sure.
The other day I came into the living room to see Season and Cache playing with cars together. It really was together, not just doing their own thing. I about cried it was so sweet. They were laughing and smiling and talking to each other in their own language and I knew they must have been best friends before they were born.
Right now as I'm typing Cache is turning the lights on and off and Season is laughing hysterically. I love that he can entertain her!
(This turned out to be way longer than intended, but I just kept remembering things I didn't want to forget. Also, I will add more pictures when I can get John to transfer them off of his phone.)
1 comment:
LOVE this little girl!!
Post a Comment