Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter

Pictures!!!!!
I already posted the pictures from our Easter with the Swensons. We were at my family's for the actual Easter weekend and got to do 2 Easter Egg Hunts on Saturday. One for Twin Falls, and one for Kimberly. Then we came home and tried to do one in my parents back yard, but the kids just didn't care any more. I guess we wore them right out. :)

 
 





 **While at the Kimberly Egg Hunt I was standing in line with my mom and at a bounce house for Cache while John had Cache at the playground. I went over to check on them and then went back to my place in line. Right after I got back I told my mom about two of my friends who had recently had scares with their boys wandering away and miraculously being able to find them quite a way off from their homes. I thought it was interesting that these had occurred so closely together and  what a scary thing that would be. Not even a minute after I finished telling my mom about it, John called and said Cache had left the playground without him noticing and he couldn't find him. After about 10 minutes of a heart racing search among hundreds of people at this park John found him among the eggs on the other side of the park with one of the workers. Apparently he had gone down a different slide than he had been going on over and over and had left the playground from the opposite side and wandered clear to the other side of the park. The worker had seen Cache starting to pick up eggs in the roped off area and realized no parent was going after him so stayed there with him until John found him. I had moments of panic in that 10 minutes but nothing as scary as my other two friends. I said lots of prayers in that time though and cried when John found him and brought him to me. My mom said that she thought the feeling of having a lost child is just something she thinks every parent at some point experiences, no matter how long they have to live through it. I'm grateful he was ok. In a strange place with strange people I'm grateful there weren't any bad ones there that took advantage of the situation.**

Easter Sunday



Our tradition for our kid's Easter baskets is to give them a picture of Jesus with a child about their same age, along with a new Easter Sunday outfit. Cache loved his picture. :)

Cache is naked and I've got a towel on my head. Nice.













I am so thankful for the Easter Holiday. The egg hunts and baskets of goodies are fun, but the true celebration is really about our Savior Jesus Christ and His victory over the grave. I'm so grateful for Him and His sacrifice for me and for all of us so that we could return to live with Him someday. That knowledge brings more joy than all the gifts, candy, and egg hunts we could ever have.
 He lives, I know that my Redeemer lives!!! 

1 comment:

Traci said...

What a cute family picture, you look beautiful Anna! And gosh what a scare.... I've been fortunate in that area with my crazy boys, nothing too heart stopping yet... still there's no worse feeling, glad everything turned out well with Cache.