Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Week with Grandma Barbie and Grandpa Jim

 We spent lots of time in the back yard.

Season carried around an Easter basket for most of the week. 


Cache got a hair cut and is soooooo good during them!




We went to the falls and found a cool rock to take pictures on. I love this one cause it shows what a sweet big brother Cache is and how independent Season can be. The look on her face says, "Stop touching me!!!!" Cache just wanted to make sure she didn't fall. :)





 The face Cache gives me now when I tell him to smile.


The Falls


A little nature walk in the Canyon by The Falls.


The picture we sent to Daddy to make him miss us. 



 Swimming at Sligars


 Cache doing so good with just floaties!

 I don't think we got a picture of the slide he went down 50 times while we were there. He had NO FEAR! As soon as we got his floaties on him he climbed right up the ladder and slid down. We had to hurry to get to the bottom to catch him. He loved it and could have done that all day.



Happy Birthday to my Mom! We had cake at our house the weekend before we went up to Twin so this picture is a little old.

 Dinner at 9 Beans. Mmmmmmm.... I LOVE this place. I started going there in high school at lunch with friends which was fun and a good memory, but that's not why I keep coming back.  I get the same thing every time. Rice and Bean burrito with sour cream and hot and mild sauce that I layer on top and eat with a fork and knife. I LOVE the taste! It's the perfect amount of hot and tangy for me. I haven't been able to find that taste any where else and so I try to get one when I'm in town.


Other things we did that we didn't get pictures of:
  • Went to a park to play
  • Every time we would enter a room with a fan Season would let whoever she was with know that it needed to be turned on. 
  • Went on runs 3 out of the 5 days there and always to the temple. That's where Cache always wanted to go. 2 of the 3 days we stopped there and I let him walk around the grounds. He LOVED it. It really is such a beautiful temple and all the tulips were in bloom and it was gorgeous!!!
  • I got to go to the temple with my mom while Dad watched the kids. It was so nice of him and I appreciated the time there. I even got to wear the same dress my mom was married in which was kinda cool.
  •  We did a little shopping.
  • Cache got to know Brother Miller, our neighbor, and helped him water his plants and talked with him. Cache reminds Brother Miller of me when I was Cache's age. He was sad to see us leave too. I've decided that every kid needs a Brother Miller to grow up next to. He was pretty much my Grandpa growing up and we love him tons! He turns 80 this year. It's hard to believe. 
  • We did ZERO TV watching and it was great. I thought I might be able to continue that when I got home. That lasted one morning and not much longer than that. I really rely on PBS during meal prep times, Mommy prep times and sometimes when I just need a break. :)

 These kids and and this momma missed our daddy/hubby this week while he was on a business trip to Texas. But because we were with Grandma and Grandpa, the week went by much faster and we were all a lot happier.

Thanks to my Mom and Dad for not freaking out when Cache and Season literally brought down the house knocking down shelves on walls, breaking pretty glass figurines, leaving toys EVERYWHERE, making such messes at meal and snack times that we vacuumed at least once a day usually twice, and making sure everyone was awake early in the morning. I'm sure my parents needed a good full day to rest up from the chaos.:)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Your picture to daddy was so cute, I think I missed you too!

Dave and Alisha said...

What a fun trip. Really next time he goes let us know we would love to hangout.