Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Cache's Birthday (About the Boy)

I had to do a separate post about this because well.... Cache is just so cool! I have to admit, and I'm not proud of this, that there are brief moments when I forget this fact. Like when he is flipping out at the library during story time and we need to leave early, or when he throws a tantrum because we need to go inside after 3 hours of playing outside.Those moments are frustrating for me and warrant a big scolding. But how am I suppose to stay mad when immediately after Cache gives me a big hug and says, "I'm sorry Mommy" with the sweetest little sad face ever? This always brings me back to my most often feelings about Cache truly being an awesome kid.

Some words to describe him:
Happy, curious, sweet, thoughtful, busy, kind, helpful, sharing, spiritual, easy going, submissive, protective, fun, little, playful, talkative, strong, mischievous, smart, sensitive and most recently - independent.

I need to go deeper on the independent part. I hear, "My turn!" With just about everything now. In one of the grocery stores we frequent they have little kid size carts so Cache likes to follow me pushing his own cart which is fine some of the time. Yesterday was not that time though after I had to chase him down for the third time. We had one very upset boy in the back of Mommy's cart and everyone in the store knew it. I just ignored the screaming though cause I knew I couldn't leave right then, sometimes you HAVE to keep shopping. Luckily his sad moment only lasted for about 10 minutes and the rest of the shoppers could stop staring me down with the evil eye.

His new found independence also means getting dressed (sometimes he still lets me choose what he's going to wear), putting on his shoes, opening and closing doors, getting in his car seat, buckling himself in to his booster seat at the table, bringing in toys, choosing what he wants for breakfast instead of me choosing for him, washing himself in the bath tub and I'm sure other things I'm forgetting right now. I know I've been blessed to get away with doing most of these things for him for quite a bit longer than most toddlers will allow. I really did enjoy and appreciate it. Good thing I have another little one to do most of that for, though she was born independent and so I'm sure I won't have the chance much longer.

He's still a great big brother. Some of my favorite moments are when Cache and Season are playing together. It's so great to watch.

He's a good friend most of the time. Occasionally there will be a little squabble mostly because he's started to defend himself and realize that it's not always ok for people to take his toys.

Cache still likes to cuddle with me, only now he has to be inside away from most distractions for me to get the cuddle time.

He loves to wrestle with his Daddy. During the day he talks all the time about going to "UPS work" like daddy.

He is sooooo thoughtful. He always tries to share whatever he has with whoever is with him. Sippy Cups, m&ms, food, toys, hugs. He says, "You ok?" Whenever he hears a cough, sneeze, or cry. When he goes to get a snack he gets one for everyone. He prays for everyone and their dog, literally. He is often heard praying for Dozer, our next door neighbors puppy.

He's fascinated with trucks, motorcycles, four wheelers (which he calls "bowlers"), bikes, scooters, planes, helicopters (hepicopters), tractors, dump trucks, garbage trucks, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, baseball games, football games, basketball games, golf, soccer (much to my dismay), swimming, and any kind of animal. Hmmm... Did I forget anything that could be considered boyish? You name something that has boy spelled all over it and he LOVES it. I don't even think his dad minds any more when he puts on one of my necklaces or Season's bows cause somehow he still does it in a "Manly" way. Which reminds me of another cute thing. John will say, "Hey Cache, you're the man!" And Cache always come back with, "No, I'm a bo-ey". Funny little dude.

Right now Cache is suppose to be taking a nap but instead he is singing along with the song I'm listening to on Pandora "Young Homie". He's turning into quite the little singer. Some of my favorite songs he sings are, "Binkle Binkle Little Star", " I love to see the Bemple", "I am a Child of God", "Old McDonald had a farmer" (This one Season sings the e-i-e-i-o and the animal sounds with him).

We still have a friendly little guy. He's still saying hello to everyone and now adds a "nice to meet you", "good morning", or "how are you?" to his greeting.

We are currently in the process of potty training and he's doing AWESOME!!!!!!! There will be more on this in another post.

Another funny thing about Cache. Last night was the second night we have come back upstairs after our nightly TV watching while the kids are asleep and found Cache in our bed. The first time I wish I had a picture of. He was upside down over the pillows with one arm behind him snoring away. Last night he was tucked nicely into the middle of the bed. Again snoring away.

I start to giggle every time I try to imagine what his thought process is. Does he just realize our bed is more comfortable? Does he think it will be funny when we find him there? Does he think we're actually going to let him sleep there for the rest of the night? Sorry buddy! Back to your own bed you will always go. Love you lots though. :)


That's our Cache Man... I mean boy. He is awesome! We love him a ton.

No comments: