Monday, August 20, 2012

Pioneer Day

The Saturday before we went to John's parent's ward's pioneer day parade. This time Season got to ride in the wheel barrow too! They mostly liked the the candy. :) 
Season Popping in a piece of Candy, and Cache doing a good job waving at the crowd of 3 people.

"Ooooh a Pony!!!"

Throwing Candy

Our Indian Prince and Princes

This pouty face from Season is the result of Taffy in her mouth, not  because she was ornery. Funny Girl!
The morning of the 24th the kids and I ran in the Pioneer Day 5k which was the 2nd 5k for the month of July. I didn't do too bad, and came in at 32 minutes which I was alright with since I was pushing the double jogger. It rained a little bit on the run too and it felt soooo good! 
I forgot to get a picture!!!! Bummer!

At noon the kids and I went to the parade, Season slept till it started and Cache and I had fun taking pictures. :)





After the parade we went to the park and hung out with about a million people, till the kids got a little tired... errr a lot.

I let them sleep in the car as I drove around for about a half hour till we met up with Aunt Kay Kay who was passing through town. She had her pups with her so we went up the canyon and walked around 2nd dam a bit. We love that Uncle Matt and Aunt Kay are so close now!!!

Right after she left we went swimming with the Swensons and ate hot dogs for dinner.  We went to bed before the fireworks started after a long, fun day. Boooo for missing the fireworks though! Next year we'll be better!
It was a good, busy day!  Though we were hopping from one place to the next, I did have time to reflect on the pioneers and their sacrifice for those of looking for a place to worship without persecution. I thought of their faith and their struggles. I appreciate all of it!

No comments: