Monday, December 9, 2013
I'm trying not to forget....
It is 8:27 PM. My kids are all asleep. And my house looks like this...
And what do I decide to do? Sit down, drink some hot chocolate, eat my # _____ sugar cookie and BLOG! I haven't in quite some time, and since my memory is HORRIBLE I know I've already lost some important times that should have been documented. I've got a number of things on the list to catch up on, but in the mean time I better get down what is on my mind now.
I want to remember nights like tonight. Nights when I decide we need to go out to the live nativity and freeze our buns off in -1 degree weather so my children can hopefully better understand the real meaning of Christmas. Nights where my sweet Ruby cries and cries in our 1 hr car ride around the valley; the car ride we took so we could spend a little bit of time with Daddy since he'll be working late again being Santa's helper and delivering packages. Nights where our dinner consists of Carls Jr ("Star" to Cache) eating in the car as we drive around. Nights where the two older ones fall asleep in the car despite the distraught baby sister and have to all be carried in by their mamma who drops them off on the couch while she feeds the crying baby. Nights where they are so exhausted from all the fun things we did earlier in the day, that they stay asleep like this.....
after being hauled in.
I don't want to forget tonight. I don't want to forget the outfit Season chose to wear under the snow suit I piled on her. I wish I'd gotten a picture, but since I didn't I'll have to write it all out so I can picture it again. She had on her brother's kahki pants with big baggie pockets, her favorite mini mouse shirt/dress and a large pink sweater. And I can't forget about her pink hat that straps under her chin with the white leopard fur around it. She insisted on wearing it, though it was a bit too small. She wore her brother's winter coat, snow suit, and boots from 2 years ago. Sweet Season, all girl stuffed into boy's clothes. I just absolutely love her. As hard as she can be at times, I really do think the world of her. She acts tough, but she sure has a sweet tender heart. When we were at the Nativity she pointed out all the people. "Mom, there's Mary! And Joseph, and the Kings! And BABY JESUS! HE'S SOOOOOO CUTE!" She said hi to every animal she saw and wanted to go on the hay ride at first, but then got scared and decided to stay. Of course after they started to pull away she completely melted down because she had changed her mind again and wanted to go. She stayed put the entire time they were gone, watching intently for their return. Thankfully, awesome Aunt Sarah Beth agreed to ride again so she could get the experience. On the way driving out to the nativity she would find the temple and say how cute it was as well, and then again on the way back. Also as we drove she would give us a play by play on the Christmas light situation. "That house has Christmas lights! Oh that one has regular lights. Christmas Lights! Christmas Lights! Regular lights, regular lights, regular lights!" She cracks me up.
My Cache man was a stud tonight. He is constantly on binky duty when we are in the car since he is sandwiched between his two sisters. He's called on to talk, sing and soothe Ruby as well as Season. He's so patient. While at the Nativity he talked and would pet every animal. He asked a million questions about the actual Nativity scene, and was one of the first to jump on the hay ride. He wasn't afraid of anything! He warmed right up to the fires, which his sister was cautious not to get to close to. He said Hi to everyone and would willingly hold my hand and check out all the fun things to see. For dinner he chose the cheese burger. No more chicken nuggets for him! He was the first to fall asleep in the car tonight, surprising since he was right next to the two screamers. I tried to wake him up so he could jump out of the car on his own, but he wasn't having it so I carried him in as well and tried to lay him on the couch. Half his body slid right off and there he stayed till at last I could peel off all his layers and once again carry him to bed. This kid could sleep anywhere and through just about anything. I don't want to forget that about him. My easy going boy. Oh how I love him. One more memory I better throw in is one from last night. While we were sitting on the couch watching the Christmas Devotional he leans over to me and says, "Hey Mom! I love you." And after I responded back with an "I love you! " He piped up with another, "Hey Mom! I like you!" Which meant just as much as his first exclamation.
And what can I say about my Ruby June?! She cried for an hour straight in the car, and then as soon as I got her out she snuggled right up to me, ate real good, gave me a quick smile and then conked right out. Sweet, sweet baby of mine.
I wondered after having one child if I could ever love another. Then after having two, thought my heart was going to burst and there wasn't room for even one more. But somehow, just like on "The Grinch", my heart grew in size and I found myself capable of loving more than I ever thought possible. Each of my children are very different, excepting their looks of course. :) And each of them have me wrapped around their fingers for different reasons. I often find myself wondering how I got sooooo blessed to be their mamma!
Hopefully jotting down these few memories will help get me going on the rest of them that need to be recorded. These are fun, stressful, wonderful years that I know will go by too quickly, and I'm trying to remember to "Enjoy the Journey".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love everything about this.
Post a Comment