
For Halloween we were an Aggie Family this year. John - Referee, Anna - A super fan, Cache a football player, Season- a cheerleader, and Ruby - the football. We love having theme costumes and plan to keep it up as long as the kids will let us. :)
Some pictures from the day...
![]() | |
| Love that lip! And the eyes of course. :) |
![]() |
| Ummm... John's face. I have no explanation. |

So, I love Halloween. I always have. I love the colors, dressing up, the parties, candy, treats, and the weather (for the most part). But this Halloween, the actual day started off rocky. The kids were into everything, and being so naughty! Season broke a mirror, and had two potty accidents, one of which was in her costume right before we were about to head out the door, and Cache wasn't feeling the greatest.
We were trying to get out to decorate sugar cookies with cousins early in the day and then were going to head to the mall for trick-or-treating. It seriously took us FOREVER to just get out the door. I was getting so frustrated until I had the distinct impression that all these things were happening to keep us safe. I really had to cool it, and stop and say a prayer of gratitude, and to get us through the rest of the day.
We did make it to decorate cookies, and then went straight home and the kids took a nap. No mall trick-or-treating. I woke them up from their naps to go to the ward trunk-or-treat and then we went up to John's parents for dinner and to hang out with cousins some more. No door to door trick-or-treating or any of that. I was a little sad, but ok about it all. It seemed to be just what we all needed. We were all exhausted by the end of the day.
Reflecting back, I'm grateful for days like this. I could have just passed it all off as a no good, very bad day, but that impression I had has stayed with me. What was seeming like a bunch of bad luck, I believe was divine intervention. I don't know why, but I was keenly aware of our safety that entire day. I watched carefully at every intersection as we drove and tried to stay off the roads as much as possible. I tucked my kids in and still prayed for safety. And the whole time I was praying for John's safety too. I will never know what could have happened to us that day, but I don't have to to be grateful that it didn't.















No comments:
Post a Comment