Sunday, February 22, 2009

I must admit that I was highly skeptical of Nate and Laci's voodoo "predict what gender you kid is going to be" trick. I'm still not a big believer but I am happy that what it predicted really happened. IT'S A BOY. I started thanking Anna for giving me a boy as my first child and ended up getting a XY chromosome lesson. Come to find out, I am the decider. I knew I could do it.
With that said I want everyone to know that I would have been just as excited about a girl as a boy, she might have just been a tom boy. We weren 't supposed to find out until this coming Wednesday because of a mis-scheduled appoinment and some sweet talking we were able to find out a week earlier. The doctor was so nice to let us find out early. I am glad to know what we are having so Anna doesn't have to keep calling him "it" ( I had being reffering to him by the proper gender since conception.) Anna is excited to know what we are having so we can go shopping. I was also excited to go shopping in search of the smallest baseball glove and T-Ball set as poosible. We ended up going to Kohls (no gloves or bats) and buying some cute little boys clothes. We are finding out that it is very hard to find good looking infant boys clothes without little animals on them. We still do have alot of time to search though. We are gettin more and more excited each day. Sorry for the delay in posting, it takes some time for me to think about how exactly I wanted to share these feelings with you all. If you haven't noticed I have placed a poll on the right side of the blog for you all to participate in. I haven' passed this on to Anna yet but the name with the most votes will be the new name of our child, so please vote carefully and quickly becuase I don't know I how long it will be before Anna sees it and takes it down. Peace!

9 comments:

Dave and Alisha said...

Even if Everyone in the whole world voted I dont think Anna would let any of those names fly.. sorry John.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I am excited for you! Little guys are so fun!

Court and Brade said...

ha ha you know you and me are in the same boat with Kipp john...... ha ha but my vote was for chester. chester the molester with a greasy stache. I also like swen swenson. ha ha very funny john

Lisa said...

Anna! For the love of your child, please check your blog and give your son some real names! Just kidding John. :) Congratulations to you both!

Katie said...

Congrats guys! A little boy will be so fun! I'm with you on the abundance of animals on baby clothes...too much!

Andy and Mallory: said...

We are so happy for you guys!! Alli might be a little old for him, but who knows, maybe she'll like younger guys. Sorry Anna, I had to vote. Looks like Nigel is winning so far.
PS. thanks for coming to my party!!

Anonymous said...

Um, did you not know it was a boy! Well, we are both having boys, isn't the fun. It would have been fun if it was a girl too...so that our kids could date. Katie is too old for him, sorry. Next time work for that girl, just kidding.

katrina said...

Hooray for a boy!!! Sounds like a dream come true for John :) You are going to be such cute parents.

Katie said...

Ha....ok your comment was hilarious! No, no...no restaurant recommendations here, it's really a baby! I'm only 8 weeks, but after seeing all you cute prego girls walking around school, I couldn't hold the excitement in any longer!