Anna has been letting me know that we are overdue for a post and its my turn to do the post. I must say, blogging is not like riding a bike. If you don't do it for awile you get rusty and have to sit there in between paragraphs for five mintues or a whole episode of Seinfeld.



Cache and his teddy bear. Or the teddy bear and his Cache. You decide.
Getting a head scrub

On the 4th of July, Anna's family came up for the weekend. Anna's dad was itching to go play some golf and after long deliberation I finally gave in. I gave him his choice of courses around the valley and he chose to go to Preston. Needless to say, it was the right decision as Jim proceeded to hit a hole in one on hole #3 at the Preston Golf Course. It was his first and the first one that I have ever witnessed. It was pretty cool. As for me, I continue to wait for my first. (Maybe I should stop asking for one in my nightly prayers and then it will happen.)


Cache continues to do well. His due date was two weeks ago and he had his second doctor's appointment. Although this one didn't result in a helicopter ride, it was still eventful as he lost half of his little manhood and got his immunizations. All went well. And he didn't seemed to bothered the the days following. At the appointment he weighted 6 lbs. 1 oz.. I just finished picking him up and estimate his current weight to be 6 lbs 10 oz. He has started to get a little meat on him and hasn't lost his hair yet. I also just measured him with my FatMax tape measure and his unofficial mesurement is 20 inches without shoes on. He still sleeps alot, but each day he seems to have longers stretches of time where he doesn't want to eat or sleep and is content just sitting there. It's during these times that we work on rolling over, putting the binky in the mouth, and animal sounds. He is really good at making a billy goat noise. He loves car rides. We have been to Boise and back the past two weekends and as soon the car starts moving he is out. During the trip he was able to meet lots of his relatives from Anna's side. He now fits into all of his premie clothes and he can wear some newborn clothes without dissappearing, so be on the lookout in the near future, he may finally be wearing some of the clothes that yall gave him.
I can't tell what color his eyes will be. They told us we won't know until 6 months after his due date. Right now they look navy blue and it is easy to distinguish the pupil from the iris.
I think he is beginning to be able to focus as he will often follow you with his eyes if you move your head out of his line of sight. He is good at listening and can hear and recognize Anna's voice from neighboring rooms.
Being a mother continues to come natural to Anna as she cares for Cache. She always is able to tell what is wrong or what will make the baby more comfortable. Often she patiently watches me give my best effort and then swoopes in to save the day. He is lucky to have a mom like her.
Here are some of my new favorite pictures.
Cache and his teddy bear. Or the teddy bear and his Cache. You decide.
6 comments:
He melts my heart every time! I'm especially fond of the Teddy Bear and his Cache picture. We can't wait to see you all in person!
Anna, your comment on my blog really gave me some perspective! I can't imagine having my little guy right now, especially when his due date still seems so far away. You are not only a natural and amazing mother as John says, but you are one strong woman! I miss and love you tons!
I about peed my pants at the Teddy Bear caption. Just ask mom! John, you're a nerd...hopefully your sun doesn't turn out that way. Just kidding! Love you guys! See you in 2 weeks from today!
Lovely post John. I'm sure there was much deliberation on the golfing. I know I'm a horrible person. Don't hate me okay. Hopefully we can get together soon. Cache is so cute!!
My goodness that Cache sure is handsome. I love the picture of him in the bath! Glad to hear that he is doing well and you've been able to see family!
I am glad that Cache is doing so well. He is a cutie!
He's got some cute hair! Loved the pictures!
Post a Comment