Learning is a very interesting thing! Yesterday we were at church and I said, "Fold your arms for the prayer", just like I have for the last 6 months, and Cache just did it. The rest of the day when we said, "Fold your arms," he knew just what to do. I'm amazed! 6 months of practicing and teaching and he just decides to do it one day!
Also, yesterday he was playing with this toy at G & G Swenson's.
Previously he would just hit the ball till it rolled out, we would have to put it back on top for him. Yesterday after just a little practice, he was putting the green ball on top of the green hole and then hitting it.
Unless you've seen a child struggle with their beginning coordination you wouldn't think this was any great task, but for me, it was as if my kid just made a goal in soccer, which, if you ask my husband or anybody else I've talked to recently they would tell you I believe, is near impossible without some sort of miracle. (Quite the run-on sentence, I know.) I found this out after watching many world cup games the last few weeks, which I now despise.
Anyway, yesterday I was literally beaming at my kid's brilliance and it hasn't worn off yet.
I'm absolutely amazed at the human brain! A little child's development is fascinating to me! It's so fun to be a parent and witness these moments.
Oh and PS... I broke my camera the other day. Yeah... so no pictures for a little while. I'm sick about it. Especially since there's so many moments I want to capture with Cache right now. :(
Previously he would just hit the ball till it rolled out, we would have to put it back on top for him. Yesterday after just a little practice, he was putting the green ball on top of the green hole and then hitting it.Unless you've seen a child struggle with their beginning coordination you wouldn't think this was any great task, but for me, it was as if my kid just made a goal in soccer, which, if you ask my husband or anybody else I've talked to recently they would tell you I believe, is near impossible without some sort of miracle. (Quite the run-on sentence, I know.) I found this out after watching many world cup games the last few weeks, which I now despise.
Anyway, yesterday I was literally beaming at my kid's brilliance and it hasn't worn off yet.
I'm absolutely amazed at the human brain! A little child's development is fascinating to me! It's so fun to be a parent and witness these moments.
Oh and PS... I broke my camera the other day. Yeah... so no pictures for a little while. I'm sick about it. Especially since there's so many moments I want to capture with Cache right now. :(
2 comments:
Yay Cache! I'm so excited for you. I've seen this happen time and time again in my line of work. Its amazing how wonderful the small things are, just like you said. I'm excited for you.
Go Cache! Amen to everything you and Ashlee have already written. Life is miraculous!
Post a Comment