Written: July 31, 2010
I'm typing this several weeks before it will actually be posted so I can remember all my thoughts and feelings the last month.
About a month and a half ago I started thinking I might be pregnant. John and I had talked about maybe starting to have another one. Actually it was me mostly saying how scared I was about having another baby with the possibility of it being 2 months early and then being life flighted later. And John saying once you start you can't stop.
Also, I have been so concerned about how Cache will react, feel, and whatever else. I just don't want him to feel neglected. And so, many of our conversations had to do with that.
Anyway, we talked about it, but just decided, what the heck. Kind of. See, it took us almost a year to get pregnant with Cache. And we weren't really expecting to get pregnant soon and yet, it wasn't very long, like a few weeks, before I just had a feeling I was. Without really even trying this time.
The first pregnancy test I took was negative which I think had to do with taking it in the afternoon instead of first thing in the morning, so I waited another week. The second one was very obviously positive. Exciting. Nerve Racking. I'm sure there's more words to describe how I felt I just can't think of them right now. John's excitement helped me out a bit though and calmed me down.
The strange thing.... Pregnancy symptoms came on much quicker this time. First sign - My bulging tummy. I've gone back and forth between concern and acceptance with this one. Of course all the reading I've done tells me that it is not uncommon to get big faster with your second, but really? I exercised and ate more healthy in June and July than I had all year long! I'd been on serious hikes packing Cache on my back and all. And what really got to me was when I went on an 8 mile hike with my friend Katrina, which was a really good bit of work and the next day I couldn't fit into my jean shorts that I had worn through my pregnancy with Cache. John had to get me through that little break down.
Most people I talk to suggest it could be twins and that's why I'm so big already. I have to admit that does not make me feel any better. I have wondered if we miscalculated some how or maybe it really is just my stretched out uterus. Either way this large stomach of mine really got to me after being 6 weeks along and 3 people asked me one night at a Church function if I was pregnant. NO hiding it apparently! My whole ward knows, I've put my DC pictures on the blog already and I'm sure most of you have just been too polite to say anything, and yet I refuse to make an official announcement until I have at least seen my Dr which is on Aug 9. This will be posted then and with a few more details I hope. Like, how many kids really are in my stomach, what my official Due date is ( They've said March 9 but I still am questioning that), why I'm so big, and if this little bug that is making me throw up every morning actually has a heartbeat.
Oh Yeah, that's one of my other symptoms. I'm used to that though. I threw up every day of my pregnancy with Cache.
That's all for now until Aug 9. Gosh it feels good to get that typed.
************************************************************************************
Update: Dr apt went well. I'm only having 1. Yeah! Official due date March 8 but I will have a c-section at 38 weeks if I haven't started labor already. Heartbeat is strong. We got a picture of the little bug during the ultra sound. We're all good! :)
Still throwing up just about every day. Today was special and I did it twice and was just sick the rest of the day. I'm VERY tired all the time. More tired than I was when I was pregnant with Cache. I actually Nap when I get a chance. I usually never nap! Food sounds gross to me. Laying on the couch sounds great. As great as that all sounds, we really are so excited and relieved all is well.
John is totally thinking it's a girl. I'm not convinced yet though. I guess we'll find out in 10 weeks.
Wahoo for #2!
9 comments:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! So happy for you! Congrats!
Wow Anna!!! I'm so excited for you right now! Stinks that you feel crummy...but it's for a good reason! Cache will be the cutest big brother ever.
Wooohooo! Congrats! Hope maybe this time you can find some relief after the first trimester! I really feel for you ladies who are sick the entire time! I have a friend at church who is like that and it is just miserable...I feel so bad!
Well...now that you have talked about how huge you are you have to post a picture for us all to see! haha...but you are so tiny to begin with that any change shows up more...well I haven't seen you but that is what I have heard...so anyways.
Congrats! I hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully you won't be sick again the whole time. :( No fun. I can relate a lot with the first post. It can be a scary decision to have number 2 and stressful! Good luck on over the next few months.
Oh being sick.... yuck. I can totally sympathize though.. Yay fro being pregnant with number two. When I was pregnant with Gracie I got big really fast then slowed down the last couple months. I had people making comments like wow your going to have such a big baby and really your only 20 weeks I am so sorry.. By the end when I slowed down people would say really your almost due but your so small. It makes me laugh now.. Number three I didnt show until after my 20 week ultra sound. Now I look huge and people have started with the comments we will see how it turns out in November...
I was wondering if you were! But how can you politely ask something like that??! Ha! I'm so so excited for you guys, what an exciting time for you!
Sorry to hear your sick, that's never ever fun, but give it a few weeks and I'm sure you'll regain a little energy, and Cache will love having a little brother or sister to play with, I think that's a pretty common concern, but the adapt fairly quickly.....
Congrats again, I'm so excited for ya, and just maybe slightly jealous :)
Anna! Congratulations! I hope your second trimester brings you some relief. Love you!
ANNA!! I feel so behind on my blogs! CONGRATS!! and to John too! :) That is so so exciting and awesome! I feel like all I am typing is exclamtion marks, !!!! ;) But it's because I'm so excited!!! :) I am however, very sorry you've been so sick. I totally feel your pain, with Navi I pretty much threw up all day everyday. Eating was only because I knew I had to, but like you said, nothing sounded good. I really wish we would have been able to come over the other night so I could talk with you about it. I'm guessing you told friends then? Hooray again, and congrats!
Congratulations Anna! I can totally relate to your second pregnancy experience! I was really, really sick with this one until 20 weeks. And I have been WAY bigger this time around-and that is with working out every morning. Maybe you are having a girl too.
So excited for you, can't wait to find out what your having. And just remember you will eventually feel better, even though it feels never ending!
Post a Comment