Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fall anyone?

Is anybody else getting excited for fall already? I really can hardly take it. I want to go shopping for cute pregnant fall clothes. Do they exist? I want to put up my Fall puzzle and decorate my house all Fall-y already! I went to Hobby Lobby the other day and just walked through their Fall section just because it made me happy! Ridiculous? Probably.
So, here's my list of things I LOVE about Fall.

  1. Colors! The Fall Colors are my favorite! Browns, Reds, Yellows, Oranges! LOVE THEM!
  2. Harvesting. We had an ok Garden this year. We are REALLY excited for our Pumpkin though. We already have a huge one growing! It looks perfect! I probably need to turn it over so it gets nice and round and not one ugly flat side. Or are you not suppose to? I don't know.
  3. Carving Pumpkins.
  4. Eating Pumpkin Seeds
  5. The Pumpkin Walk.
  6. Decorating, like I already mentioned.
  7. Cooler Air. With no AC I really appreciate this more!
  8. The clothes. Again already mentioned, But I love me some long sleeve shirts and jackets.
  9. Fall Hikes. I hope I feel good enough to at least go on a little one. Maybe just lots of walks.
  10. The FOOD! Apple Cider (technically a drink), Pumpkin Pie, Apple Crisp, Yummy Breads, Lots of Fresh Veggies, Soup. Yummmmm.
  11. The Holidays. Halloween and Thanksgiving! I can't wait to get Cache all dressed up this year. That makes me want to go out and look for costumes right now.
  12. The Smell! Fall has a smell. I've already smelt it. It smells like Back to School. It smells Cooler. That has a smell too! It smells like Leaves getting ready to fall. All the yummy foods add to the delicious aroma of Fall.
  13. Raking Leaves. I think I like it. Or maybe I like the idea of it more.
  14. Logan Canyon! And Cache Valley! The first time I drove into the Valley it was in the Fall. I immediately fell in Love. It felt like home. I was mesmerized by it's beauty. I had never seen such beautiful colors in such a picturesque location. I could die here and be happy. Cache Valley in the Fall IS my HOME.

6 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

We are kindred Fall spirits...haha. I LOVE Fall!! I would prefer fall 3/4 of the year...with 1/4 a nice Spring...and then back into Fall. I love all those things you posted about. What I look forward to down south is just being able to go outside again!! Summer down here is nothing short of miserable.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

I love FALL!

Condie Family said...

Cache Valley in the Fall is the BEST!

Dave and Alisha said...

haha Im right there with ya anna! but even worse I already put up some decorations!
thanks for the other night btw:)

Chase and Nahomi said...

i agree I am SO ready for fall! I laughed about you going to hobby lobby and looking at the fall stuff cause I do that every year haha! We'll have to do that together sometime, or go to lunch, or get the kids toghther to play, or all three;) we really should get together during the day while the hubbies are at work!! Let me know if you ever have some extra time!

katrina said...

Are you going to do anything with the pumpkin walk this year? You are the pumpkin walk pro! I'm sad we didn't get to see you again. The last week we were in Idaho/Utah flew by, and I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to. We'll definitely have to get together over Christmas.
And....Congratulations!!!! Holy Cow! I can't believe you are pregnant, and that you did that long White Pine hike with Cache on your back. You are amazing! I'm so happy and excited for you:)