Getting Ready for the Cold.
Lights at Temple Square. So Pretty!
Cache playing with Papa during the Familiy Show and Tell time after Thanksgiving Dinner.
Cache was a little distracting as you can tell, many people are not actually listening.
And... I hate that these pictures are so blurry! I'm not use to my phone's camera yet. I need to figure it out so I don't have this problem again.

And that's all I got of Thanksgiving. Terrible! I know there were others who had their cameras so I might have to do some begging. It was wonderful though. John's G & G Martin always do such a wonderful job putting this big formal dinner together. I love it. It is as traditional a Thanksgiving as anyone could have. It's so much fun to be able to visit with family members and have great food.
I was in charge of the sweet potatoes and I must say they were a hit thanks to Paige, my M-I-L's great recipe. I ate a lot! Too good not to, but I officially do not fit into any size 5 pairs of pants anymore. With Cache I wore this particular pair of pants on the day before I had him. Kinda sad.
Anyway, Thanksgiving night we stayed in "The Barn" at John's Aunt Jill and Uncle Blair's house. The barn is amazing! They built it several years ago and it is pretty much just a big play room with Bathroom, Kitchen, Big Screen TV, Pool Table, Fooseball, Ping Pong, a batting Cage on the main floor and probably tons of other stuff I don't even know about. It was perfect for that night. We appreciate them so much for letting us crash there.
Friday morning we were going to get up and go shopping but we were just too tired and didn't miss it. This is the first year in a while though that I missed Black Friday Shopping. It made me wonder why I ever did it to begin with when I was so rested and feeling good.
Friday night John's immediate family all stayed at a nice hotel in SL thanks to Dave and Paige. We ate good food at Little America and then went and saw the Lights at Temple Square. Later we played games at the hotel and watched Boise State lose to Nevada. (Tear coming down.) We were pretty sad about that. But got a GREAT nights sleep to make us feel better.
Saturday headed home and watched the Utes and BYU play. Go Utes!
Later my family drove through on their way back from Ashton, Idaho for their Thanksgiving with the Stevens so we got to see them too which was great.
It was a terrific weekend. We have so much to be grateful for. I've left our gratitude tree up a little longer than I would have just cause we're still feeling the spirit of it.
Yeah for Thanksgiving!







1 comment:
What a fun Thanksgiving! Cache is so very cute. Our gratitude tree is still up, and I just can't make up my mind if I want to take it down and replace it with something else.
Love you guys tons!
Post a Comment