Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1 Month!

 Whoa!!!!!!!!!! Time Flies! I can't believe my little Season is a month old!

 1 month picture with the teddy. We decided to use the same stuffed animal so we could compare Cache and Season.


Getting a belly rub from big brother.
 Cache is constantly asking to hold Season. He sure loves his little sis.

Pink Much? Too cute though! :)


Ahhhhh!
 Crazy hair shot.
And this is what she thinks of tummy time. She almost rolled over there!

Dear Season, 

 Your first month has been one of trial and error. Poor Poor girl. This last week was better as I promised it would be though. :)  Some of your/ our Achievements are:
  • You are 100% nursing now. No more pumping for mom! Hallelujah!
  • Occasionally you'll sleep for 5 hours in the middle of the night. Ok, it's only happened twice but it gives me hope. :)
  • You are growing and gaining weight and looking so cute in all your newborn clothes. 
  • You like your swaddle baths if mom can get air and water temperature warm enough. 
  • You were able to travel GREAT up and back from Twin and during most of the driving in between.
  • You are  still a cuddler. LOVE IT! LOVE YOU!
  •  Girl, you have an amazing set of lungs! (I'm putting this as an achievement hoping for the positive, :) Maybe you'll be an amazing singer.) 

 We are Still working on:
  • Nursing without a nipple shield. It's my fault, not yours. I'm still just too much of a baby. I'll buck up one of these days though. 
  • Tummy Ache nights. Sweet thing, you just have such a hard time at night with your little tummy. I'm thinking it must be something I'm eating you don't like. This week I'm cutting out chocolate, we'll see I guess. The hard thing is when you just can't go to sleep or get comfortable. I feel so bad for you.
  • Getting a bath every other day. I have really good intentions, but sometimes I'm just worn out. Or lazy. We started the week off good though. There's hope for this one too.
  • Getting use to the car seat. We are a traveling family my dear. I hope we can figure something out. :)

Season, in some ways this month has been a challenge but it's all been worth it. You and I have had the occasional 2 AM discussion of what is acceptable night time behavior but in the end you've told me who was boss and I'm good with that for the next several months. :)

  Your Daddy and I want you to know that you are a welcome part of our family and so very loved. We are excited to see what your second month brings. 

Love,
Mommy and  Daddy


***This post is one day late because it's subject is apparently shy and didn't want me to post about her. Sorry little girl. You'll just have to get use to me bragging on you. :)***

5 comments:

julie said...

you are so funny! And what the heck is a nipple shield? I want one! Well, now I have no feeling left...but I can still remember wincing and gritting my teeth each and every latch.

Season is so super cute! And you are doing great raising a girl! See you can do it!

laci said...

What a sweetheart! I love how they show signs of their personalities right from the beginning. I guess they're not so much signs, but just straight personalities. :)
And yay for Cache and the toddler bed! It's so fun that both our kids are in the same stages.

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

Wow she has grown! She sure is beautiful though!

Anonymous said...

So, I want to hear more about the nipple shield too. I have heard of them but never used them. Should I? It obviously hurts like crazy for months...although not quite as long the 2nd time around. Does it mainly help the baby to latch or does it help the mommy, too?

She's adorable. They both are.

Nicole said...

Season is so pretty! Congrats! I have some addvice as far as the tummy ache at night go. Brindley was a screamer at night it usually started around 8 and ended at 3 in the morning. She had colic pretty bad but somethings that helped was Gripe Water, Lavander oil on her feet and tummy, and warmer baths before bed! I also figured out that putting a hot pad on her tummy on low heat helped a ton! I just thought I would share somethings that helped me get through that very hard time:) Best of luck!