Weight: 6lbs 3 oz!!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoooooooo!!!!!! Above birth weight and then some.
Height: 19 1/2 in! She grew a whole inch in 1 week.
That's crazy how fast they grow. I remember having some big growth spurts in Elementary school and my mom would have to give me Ibuprofin just so I could sleep at night because the growing pains were so bad. I wonder if babies feel that kind of pain. If so I feel so bad for them!
Anyway, at 3 WEEKS! (Crazy) Season is still growing fast. She's filling out more which is making John happy so we can turn the temperature in the house down a bit. She really doesn't fit into the preemie clothes that she did at first because she is just so long.
She still has no regular schedule. Some days we think we're on the right track and the next day she'll change it up on us.
Season likes to snuggle. I love snuggly babies! She loves to just cuddle up on your chest. I don't think there's anything sweeter than to cuddle with a baby.
Sleep - What is that? I've forgotten. I'm not sure what I'm running off of but it isn't rest! :) She really loves to be awake from about 6pm to midnight, just when I'm getting VERY exhausted from the running around of the day. And then some nights she'll wake up every 45 min to 2 hours to eat or be changed or something. (Moms out there... I'm sure I'm doing something wrong!!!!! Tell me what it is!!!)
She is nursing now with a nipple shield. Just fine for her and me. I'm afraid I'm more of a baby than I've thought previously. She does take a bottle every once in awhile though which is nice when we're in public, or I'm tired of feeding her every 15 minutes for 4 hours straight. I am pumping a couple of times a day as a result. (Again doing something wrong! Help!)
This girl uses more diapers than Cache ever did. I swear she poops more and needs changed way more
often.
Season's first time at church was this last Sunday, Maybe a little early but she had this cute dress that Aunt Sarah and Uncle Garrett gave her and I really didn't want her to be too big for it. So we had to go. :)
She is not the happiest in this picture.
I'm pretty sure she's still a Daddy's girl. He can usually calm her right down. And she already has him wrapped right around her little finger. He can't seem to put her down. I have to be the one to put her in the bassinet.:) So cute. :)
Cache is still in Love with his sister as well. In fact he's started to get pretty upset with me if I don't take care of her every need within just a few seconds. I'm still so grateful for this!
I need to take more pictures! This week will be better in more ways than one! :)
Happy 3 week birthday Season Girl! We love you!
5 comments:
She is a doll! I was feeling really uncomfortable and ready for my baby to come out until I read your post :) ha ha ..I forgot about the sleepless nights, and sore nipples....etc........ Hang in there!!! She is beautiful!
Happy 3 weeks for sure!
Okay. 2 kids. difficult breastfeeding. no sleep. you are NOT doing anything wrong. This is (unfortunately) completely normal.
In a month or so, which seems like forever away, but will go very quickly, her tummy will grow a bit and she'll be able to sleep for longer stretches. But she may not. One thing that I believe helped me heal and helped Annalisa grow well and nurse well was a lot of skin to skin contact. I would tuck her under my shirt, even under my G's, in just her diaper and we would snuggle like that for a while. It felt really good.
Nursing with a shield is a great step! If you want to get her to breastfeed without the shield, you can try for five minutes or so without at the beginning of each feeding, or partway through if she gets too sad. Once her mouth grows in size too that will make it easier. Pump once or twice a day to keep the milk supply high for her. But if it doesn't all work out, give yourself a big hug and know you did your very best, and that is awesome. I had such a struggle trying to nurse Lee and felt like a broken woman when it didn't work out. Gosh, the things we think about ourselves and do to ourselves! We mothers are amazing creatures! Nothing else on Earth gives so much, so constantly, so perfectly, than we do! (well, except Heavenly Father, but since he's in Heaven...)
So take a deep breath, forget about the messy house or the chicken nuggets for dinner that are not homemade, put on a movie for Cache, and remember that YOU are awesome. Your babies are amazing. Yes, this is going to be one of the hardest times of your life, but it is the one that will store up the most blessings in Heaven. Pray for your kids to get what they need right now, and then smile in the knowledge that you have created a beautiful miracle that will always be yours to cherish.
p.s. sorry for the above novel. I expect to need it returned in a few short weeks. ;D
Anna-
I would ditto Lisa's comment. I'll also say girls are harder. Jakobi is so much easier than Morgan was. I will also say the NICU helps get them on a nice little schedule. Morgan did better when I got her on a schedule...the book Baby Wise was a lifesaver. Eat, awake, and then sleep really worked for her...and only feeding every 3 hours not inbetween...unfortunately this leads to pumping and feeding for me. Just know you are doing great and you love your kids...thats all you can do. I feel for you though....I know how trying it can be. Morgan was terrible with acid reflux as a baby and I cried all the time from frustration. Having two just makes it harder too....remember that asking for help does not mean your week. Send Cache to a ward members home in the neighborhood for a few hours. It was a complete lifesaver for me the first couple weeks Jakobi was home.
Adorable pics- you should frame that one of John and Season....shows such love!
Ok, I don't know who your friend Lisa is, but she's a GENIUS! Such wise words...I love the "give yourself a big hug and know that you did your very best". Advice I TOTALLY needed today, in a totally unrelated to motherhood way, but still....
Happy all is well- your family is so sweet. Keep the pics coming!
So so glad that dress worked out! Wish we were closer so we could help out more. Know we're thinking of you all the time.
Post a Comment