Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I just can't decide!

Over the last few weeks I have thought of lots of things to post about and so have debated on what the title of this post should be.

My top picks were:
  • Hope ya know we've had a hard time!
  • Calling all mother's of two or more.... HELP!
  • By Small and Simple things...
  • Compelled to be humble.
  • Can't stop Crying!
  • Count your Many Blessings
  • Mastitis or Flu??
  • Thank Heaven for Naps!
  • Showering is over-rated.
  • Nursing: Is it really worth it?
  • I Can Do Hard Things!
I think you get the point, but let me still give you a quick overview of just last week.

Last Sunday-Wed I had a fever and just felt yucky. Not sure what it was actually. I didn't ever see a doctor because my phone's screen broke, (compliments of Cache) and I couldn't make any calls out so I laid on the couch for 2 days straight cause I couldn't call the Dr. or anyone to come watch my kiddos.

Thursday I was physically fine but had an emotional break down. Again, no working phone so I just cried lots. This is where several of my possible blog titles came from. I found myself on my knees a lot during this time. Those that are not voluntarily humble will be compelled to be so. This was me. I had to ask for help, the Heavenly kind, and I must say, as alone as I felt, I knew I couldn't have gotten through those days without some angels surrounding me. The song, "Count Your Many Blessings" came to mind, particularly this verse:
When upon life's billows you are tempest tost,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings Angels will attend
Help and Comfort give you till your journeys end.
As sad, or lonely, or discouraged as I was, I was reminded of all our blessings. We have lots and the more I thought of them the less discouraged I became.

Another huge help last week was our families. They've seen me at my worse and still love me. One particular moment still has me baffled. I had just gotten soooo mad at Cache and he had every reason to be mad at me back but instead he saw how clearly upset I was, mostly at myself for losing my temper, and he just gave me a hug and patted me on the back. I of course felt even more guilty and cried harder, but what a sweet lesson for me. Oh the love and forgiveness of a little child. How I wish I was more like that. That is why Christ said to be like the little children.

I also found myself holding our sweet Season at different points of the day thinking what she must think of the crazy family she was just born into and I had the thought, as I did with Cache, that "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass." At that point I realized I have a very good, strong willed, little girl and if I try my hardest to teach her what's right she can and will do really great things. I know that though her physical limitations are great right now, her mind and spirit are so very active. I often find myself wishing she could tell me everything she knows, and the way this girl screams I think sometimes she wishes she could tell me too. :)


Hopefully I don't have to repeat last week. I hope I remember all the sweet lessons I learned so I don't have to. ;) But, I am reminded again that the Lord won't give us anything we can't handle and the sign that sits in front of my TV has been a constant source of strength: "I CAN DO HARD THINGS!" But only with my Savior's help. :) 

1 comment:

Molly Rivera said...

Anna- I wish I was there to help you!!!
You are a strong woman with the lord on your side, so I know you will be just fine. But it is hard at first, and all those postpardom hormones don't help!
Just remember that everything is temporary at this newborn stage and it goes by SO FAST. Try not to sweat the small stuff and just enjoy your babe at this age while you can. I know, easier said than done. Everyday gets easier. Love Ya!