I can't believe my baby is TWO!
Cache was born May 14, 2009 at Mckay Dee Hospital 2 months early.
As I look back it is a MIRACLE he made it to 2 a healthy and happy boy!
Poor little dude. He's just so little! He is growing though, that's good. Just not much yet. We're praying for a growth spurt so Lil' Sis doesn't catch up and surpass him. Other than that he's healthy.
Cache was born May 14, 2009 at Mckay Dee Hospital 2 months early.
As I look back it is a MIRACLE he made it to 2 a healthy and happy boy!
On Thursday, May 12, he had his 2 year check up.
His Stats:
Height - 32 " -5%
Weight - 21 lbs - 1%
Head - 46 cm - 3%Poor little dude. He's just so little! He is growing though, that's good. Just not much yet. We're praying for a growth spurt so Lil' Sis doesn't catch up and surpass him. Other than that he's healthy.
Things I want to remember about Cache at this age:
- He is saying more understandable words but still not putting more than 1 two-word phrase together.
- He's getting his "C" sound down.
- Still taking at least 1 nap during the day and sleeping well at nights except for an occasional check-in in the middle of the night. He does like to try to stall a bit though before he goes down. He asks to read another book, or have a snack or drink.
- He understand, very well, everything we say. He listens in when I'm talking on the phone and if I'm talking about him he'll start doing whatever it is I was talking about.
- He's still a cuddler. I get lots of hugs and kisses during the day.
- He loves wrestling with his "Da-da".
- He LOVES the great outdoors and HATES having to come inside.
- When there are other kids around, big or little, John and I cease to exist. He will be playing with me out in our little front yard and as soon as someone else comes out of their house he is over at the neighbors. He makes lots of friends for John and I which is probably good for me since I am horribly shy at first.
- He loves his baby "Ci Ci". He protects her and takes care of her and loves to give her hugs and kisses and loves it when she "tickles" (touches) him.
- Curious George is his favorite. Often Cache will hand me the remote asking for "Ah Ah"(his monkey sound) meaning George. He could watch him all day every day. He actually got 2 curious George books for his birthday from G & G Stephenson, I'm not sure why we didn't have any before, and he asks to read them multiple times a day.
- Cache loves his new room. For a few days there he would beg to go to bed right after his bath. We would say we need to read scriptures first and he would just start bawling. He didn't want to have to wait.
- The phone is still his obsession. He'll pick it up and ask to call Grandma or Grandpa. He knows how to unlock just about any touch screen and likes to scroll through anything.
- His unnatural love for vacuums is still alive and well, as is his love for helping clean anything. He's very good at wiping things down with Clorox wipes now too. I may or may not be raising a future janitor. Yikes!
- He is still such a happy, easy-going little buddy.
We are so in love with our little Cache man. To celebrate the best and most life changing day of ours/his life we:
Attempted a Picnic/Presents/Cake at Willow Park with family which ended at our house due to 50 mph winds. And on Sunday my family was down and celebrated with him.
It was low-key but he felt special I think.
Dear Cache,
You are the best first child ever. We love you soo soo much.
One year older and wiser too, Happy Birthday to You!








1 comment:
"Take a bite like the kitties" Ha ha! I love it!
I can't believe he's 2! What a little stud. We sure think he's the cutest, and he has the best parents!
Post a Comment