Monday, May 23, 2011

Little Boys

Little Boys

Author: Unknown
Little boys come in all shapes and sizes,
Shy and adventurous, full of surprises,
With misshapen halos and mischievous grins,
Small dirty faces, and sweet, sticky chins.

They'll keep you so busy, and yet all the while
Nothing can brighten the world like their smile.
And no greater treasure has brought homes more joy
Than a curious, active, and lovable boy!


This poem couldn't be more true right now.
Ever since Cache turned 2 he's been...well.... busy.

Let's see, Wed May 18th -  Ran into the side of a table.

Friday, May 20th - Dropped a chair on his sister's head. She had a huge dent and a few bruises. It was an accident and he felt so bad. No pictures here. I was too frantic to take any. She is just fine now. The dent didn't last and you can't even see the bruises.

Saturday, May 21st - I hear John yelling "Oh No!!" upstairs. I ask what's wrong and he says "You don't want to know." Of course I'm too curious so I go see what's happening and John is wiping a POOPY Cache face and there is poo on the carpet and all over Cache. Hmmmm... Are you gagging like I was? Are you screaming like I was? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! 
Yep! He took a bath and got his mouth washed out and we are now going to start potty training.
We do not have a picture of this one either since it would've just made us sick all over again and of course we were very frantic.

Monday, May 23rd - I'm using the restroom so Cache goes and gets my makeup bag, takes it into his bathroom, pushes a stool up to the counter and begins applying Mascara. He's been watching me carefully apparently and new where to put it on. He did get it on his eye lashes too, not just under his eye. Oh his Daddy would be so proud. :) (Yikes!)

I was use to surprises at this point and not quite as frantic so I did get a picture.


I'm not sure I am ready for Age 2!

But as the poem goes, nothing can brighten the world like their smile.



Some trampoline fun with Daddy.

** When we say, "Say Cheese." He puts his arms up and says cheese. He does the same thing for "I did it!" LOVE IT! :) Hence why he has his arms up in just about every picture.

1 comment:

Traci said...

Yes, got to love boys! They always manage to find trouble, even if you're sure it's not possible! But there's something so special about them, (and I'm not just talking when they're sleeping :) ) they have such a sensitive/sweet side to them, that when it comes out, it makes all the messes seem okay.
We miss you.