Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Goal Met!

So somewhere back in October, I think, maybe even September my sis-in-law Emily and I decided we wanted to get ready to run the Smithfield 5k Turkey Trot. I had started kind of running at the very end of the summer and realized that it wasn't quite as awful as I had thought for the previous 28 years. I ran every morning to try to be ready. At first pushing a double stroller, one of those nasty limo types, not a jogger.

Not the ideal jogger!
   Then I finally found a cheap jogger off KSL and it got a lot easier after that. And when I say run I mean a VERY slow run, like my mom came with me one morning and can speed walk just as fast as I run. Either way, I got to where I was running non-stop 1 1/2 - 3 miles every day. I felt ready for that 5k and Emily and I did pretty good I think for our first run. We ran it in 40 minutes which was a good time for us to try to beat. And thanks to John's mom and sisters, who watched them at home, we didn't have to push the kids in the stroller. It was a big deal to us. It was something I never thought I would EVER do, and it felt great to actually set a fitness goal and make it.



5k Turkey Trot - Nov- 40 min

After our run Emily and I decided we wanted to try to do a 5k once a month for the upcoming year, but starting now. So Em was on the ball and found us the 5k Santa run at Hill Air Force Base last Thursday. This one we actually pushed the kids so we thought we might not beat our time. When we crossed the finish line they told us our time was 39 minutes and we cheered and hi-fived each other. We were pretty happy with beating our time by even a minute with the added strollers.

It was kinda funny cause there was a lady who was like, "Oh did you just run the 10k?" After she heard our time and saw our reaction. We laughed and told her no, it was just the 5k but it was only our second time. She told us this was her first as well and didn't even train or get ready for it and her time was 30 minutes. Yeah, I know we aren't amazing yet, but we are happy with what we have accomplished. :)



5k Santa run - Dec- 39 min


January's run will be even faster. :) I love getting a jump start on New Years Resolutions.

5 comments:

Josh and Emily Armstrong said...

YAY!! Im glad you put the time under the pictures so we can remember!

Traci said...

Good for you Anna, that's awesome! Maybe one of these days I'll be that ambitious, but until then, you can just do all the running for me! (and pushing a stroller isn't easy, so even more impressive!!)

*LaUrA* said...

Woot! Woot! Way to goooo!!

Debbie said...

You Go, Girlfriend! (Insert some serious attitude in that statement. :-) )

Dave and Alisha said...

Pushing strollers... Amazing. great job.