Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December

December Post - It's a long one!
First things first. I got one of my Christmas presents early. I have now joined the smart phone club, thanks to my awesome brother and am getting use to having the world at my fingertips. It's very different from the dinosaur flip phone I've been sporting since my last nice phone broke and I'm loving it! Since I have a new phone I have a camera again and posting is much easier for me if I have a visual reminder of what it is I should be journaling.
That being said, I have a few pictures from the month that need to be displayed.

First Christmas Tree decorating. (These are actually from John's phone.)
Grrr. Still don't have these pictures. Will post them later I suppose. 

2nd Christmas Tree Decorating at the Swenson's (Thanks to Abbey's Camera. :))
Aunt Abbey
Cool Ornament

Caught on the stool
You should all recognize what this pose means by now.
Helping Daddy
Family Pic Try 1





Family Pic Try 2 - It's cute that the kids are looking at each other though.


Grandpa Swenson




Helping with Decorations
Oh I just can't stand it! Those cheeks are way too cute and kissable!



Raking leaves. We got a late start this year.

 Seeing Santa

Making a Gingerbread House Pile.
Cache decided to pull the kit off the counter before it was even opened so I tried to use the frosting to glue it together but it just crumbled so we spread the frosting all over and decorated it anyway. We call it the burnt down Ginger Bread house. He had fun eating the candy and decorating though.

An early Christmas with my family.
Grandparent time


 Good old fashion wrestling


 
Sunday Best Dress/ Used Car Salesman

Aggie Bowl Game


Our 5th Anniversary! ( More about this in another post)
And finally Christmas 
This year we were with the Swensons.
Christmas Eve was the traditional matinee ( we saw Sherlock Holmes, which I loved, while Dave and Paige watched all the kiddos), yummy dinner, pajamas, and Christmas lights. Once we got the kids to bed Santa came and ate half a package of Oreos, drank some milk and had fun setting out all the presents. 


Family Pajama photo




Christmas Morning


Cache ran upstairs and yelled, "Santa Bike!" Christmas gets better every year. Cache understands more and more, though we did have to do a little coaching. Also, all the grand kids got this awesome ball play thing that will be fun every time we visit. It's a perfect distraction for the babies while we eat dinner. :)



9:00 was church and it was the perfect way to get in the right spirit. John's sister Sarah even got to sing in the program. We love to listen to her sing.

Then after church we took some pictures and then got back into pajamas to open presents. 



And then we opened presents. Lots of them. All but Season, she decided to sleep and open hers later which was just fine.


Christmas Day we went to the Sky View Gym to try out Cache's new remote control car and Cache and the babies mostly ended up watching all the big kids... eh... adults play Lighting, Ultimate Frisby, and Volleyball. It was a perfect way to spend the day. So much fun.

The month of December was... different for me. This was our first Christmas with John in his position at work and it took me a few weeks to realize I was in charge and flying solo for most of December and for most of the Christmas festivities. December is the busiest most stressful time at work for John and one day he ended up working from 3 AM to midnight. He handled balancing everything really well and things went great at work. He tried really hard to make sure he was with us for some of the most important parts of our Christmas celebrating even though he was so tired.  He really is amazing.
I did get a late start on doing some of the fun Christmas stuff  we like to do and the shopping and had a hard time getting in the true Christmas spirit this year. I write this down only to help me remember what not to do next year. Next year I will be a bit more organized, and be thinking in advance about gifts and what days will be set aside for some of the things we like to do.

After Christmas we watched Joy to the World (this should have happened, like the first week in December) and I finally felt a bit of that Peace I'd been wanting to feel. I am grateful for the Christmas Season to help bring things back into perspective for us. We are Grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ, for His Birth, Life, Death and Resurrection and what all of that means for us.  May we keep those thoughts and feelings with us always. 


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ick. I remember December at UPS too well, and I never even had to work as late as the managers. John is awesome.

I loved reading about your Christmas. I thought about you lots last month, especially when I was telling Lily bedtime stories about how we would do our Christmas shopping together every year at the Magic Valley Mall. Sweet memories! I miss you!