What!? Time is flying! Faster the second time around! My baby girl turned 18 mo on Aug 15th. We celebrated by.... wait, I didn't even realize it till a day later. So, we didn't celebrate. Ugh! I've slacked on the milestones and pictures because, well, she's too quick for me. She's doing things like speaking in full sentences, putting on her own shows, and hitting baseballs off the tee faster than I ever would have expected. Maybe I'm in denial or maybe she's just whooshing by me way too quickly to stop and take notice. Either way as I sit down and type I can't even remember what I haven't posted or have about her growth and development.
She is 21 lbs = 9%, 30 1/2 in tall = 18%, and healthy. Though we are trying to figure out if she has a bit of lactose intolerance. She can only drink about a cup of milk a day before she starts having sad diaper rashes. This is sad because she LOVES milk! We are trying a few things to help her drink more and still have a happy bum.
Actually while the Doc and I were talking about it she had this horrible tantrum. He kept asking me what she wanted since she wasn't responding to anything I was trying to give her and the only thing I could come up with is that she understood everything we were saying about the milk and hated how the conversation was going so she threw a fit. She understands EVERYTHING!!!!
She's smart, loving, kind, and just as sassy as ever. As I type she is blurting out in this horrible growl/scream from her crib because I say it is nap time and today she doesn't agree.
She is Cute! I love her blonde hair, and her big beautiful blue eyes. She has a cute smile, and I love that she is still missing some teeth on the bottom so her two front bottom teeth stick out even more.
She loves to read. She loves to cuddle. She loves her mommy and her daddy, and Cache.
The Doc asked if she had 3-5 words and I gave him a funny look. He said, "Oh, no?" And all I could respond with was, "Maybe 3-5 hundred?" She's a talker!!!!
In fact, the day after the appointment I recorded everything she said that day. I can't find the list but when I do, I'll post it! She had the entire page full just the first half of the day.
She's crazy!!!!
She's crazy!!!!
She's starting to sing songs and is already so good at pretending with Cache. She gets frustrated that she can't reach the pedals on the bike and wishes she could run as fast as him, and go to preschool with him.
We put her in nursery a few weeks early and she did pretty good the first two times. The third time when she actually was old enough, not so much. Cried the whole time. Well, I guess she paused for snack time and then resumed crying right after. We had to get her early so she wouldn't be a distraction. We'll have to work on this a bit. Since there are 3 nurserys in our ward Cache is with the older kids so maybe we'll have to switch her to that one for a few weeks to get her use to it.
She's still a great eater for the most part, and asks for candy 12 times a day. Darn parades this summer got her hooked. I rarely give in, but she still gets it more than I'd like.
She loves the water and is more and more comfortable running around in it without me holding her.
We've tried her out on a few babysitters and she does great with them. She was my main concern! I'm glad she doesn't give them too hard a time.
18 months flew by! Here is my fairly unsuccessful attempt at getting a picture with her little lamb. It was right before nap time, and half the time she was being silly, happy sometimes, sad sometimes, and I'm sure a few other things in between. Man we love this girl!
18 months flew by! Here is my fairly unsuccessful attempt at getting a picture with her little lamb. It was right before nap time, and half the time she was being silly, happy sometimes, sad sometimes, and I'm sure a few other things in between. Man we love this girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment