Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ordinary

It seems like lately when some one asks, "What's new?" with our family my response is, more often than not, "Nothing".
I thought I had better write down what "nothing" looks like or that's what I'll remember.:)

Yesterday "nothing" looked like this:
Wake up at 4:30 to Season saying, "Mo-ommmm" from her crib. This particular morning Cache was already in bed with me since John went to train some new workers on the Pre-load. I finally got up, told her it was still night time, gave her a hug and then went back to bed. It takes me a bit to go back to sleep, so Season would wait until I was almost there and yell again. This happened until 6:30 when I finally got her out of bed and turned on Sesame street. This is an ordinary morning in this house.

While the kids watch Sesame street I read my Scriptures, all of us on my bed. It's the most snuggly place since it's usually pretty cold in the mornings, and I'm still in denial that we are up for good. Also, lately I have found this is the best time to get my reading in. At some point in my life I hope to do it without Elmo the Musical as the sound in the background. :)

As soon as Curious George comes on, that's my cue to get dressed and start getting the kids dressed and ready for our run. Sometimes it's around our neighborhood, sometimes we go other places. And for the last couple of weeks it is cold! I love running in the cold! Also, my friend Trina has been able to run with us the last couple of months and that was just what I needed to keep going. I'm sure we look pretty funny running down the road, each with our double strollers.

If I'm pretty on schedule we can eat breakfast at the table like normal people. If I'm a bit behind, the kids get dry cereal during the run and then a snack after. They don't mind either way.

After the run, I turn on another show for the kids so I can shower and get ready. Then we head to either Preschool, Story time, Play group, or occasionally we get to stay at home and clean.:)

Around 12-12:30 we have lunch and then nap time. Sometimes the kids sleep for a while. Sometimes they don't. I try to work on YW, clean, or sometimes I just get on the computer for some lazy me time.

After naps we usually have a snack and try to play outside if the weather is nice. I usually start getting dinner ready between 4-5 depending on what I'm making. We eat anywhere from 5:30-6. Sometimes John is home. Sometimes he isn't. After dinner I'm usually tired, but we play inside and finish cleaning up. We love it when Daddy comes home!

Baths are somewhere around 8:00, then scriptures, prayer bed for the kids and a little bit of clean up and a show for John and I.

Pretty ordinary life we lead, and I love it! There are lots of laughing times, and a few not so much. There are lots of learning times, and a few just lazy times. The house, laundry and dishes are sometimes clean and sometimes not. Sometimes it's a LOUD house, sometimes it's quiet. Sometimes dinner burns along with the stove covers and there's Baking Soda all over from putting out the fire. This only happens about once a month, so no worries.
I love my ordinary life, with the extraordinary people in it. 

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Love the simple things!