Last weekend we headed to Denver to see our Aggies play Colorado State. The Swenson Family decided to make a family trip of it. The only thing that would have made it better was if Em, Josh, and Grahm could have been there. We missed them.
This trip was Season's first time on a plane, and would be the first plane ride Cache would remember. Both kids were so excited!
We bought Season this cute lady bug back pack to have at the airport. It was a steal at DI for 2 bucks and EVERY time it had to go through security, and Season didn't have it in her possession, she screamed until she got it back. Love her! So did the security people. :)
![]() |
| A little blurry cause she WON'T STOP MOVING! |
We left EARLY Friday morning to head down to the Airport. Kids were so excited. We were so excited!
![]() |
| Notice how Cache is in the PINK car seat? Lately Cache and Season like to trade seats. They cry if they don't. I don't know why, I just do as I'm told. "Mom! Cache's Seat!!!" |
![]() |
| At the Airport ready to go. |
I can't remember if we ate before or after we checked in to the hotel. Either way we were hungry! We ate at Chili's it was YUMMY!
We took a long drive to our hotel. Once we got there we met a bunch of Hippies who were staying the weekend for a Grateful Dead Concert. They even put a little concert on for us in the parking lot. You can't see them well, but one guy is dancing around playing the accordion. :)
![]() |
I even got to meet up with Megan and her cute family! I've missed her!
Towards the end of the game Papa used his magic powers to get Season to go to sleep.
We left the game before the fireworks started. It was getting LATE! But we got to see them at the top of the Parking Garage when we got back to our car.
Next morning, we ate our complimentary breakfast which was delicious! And went swimming!
![]() |
| Season spends most of her time on the stairs. |
![]() |
| Cache Spends most of his time jumping off the side. Forwards and backwards. I've decided he's going to be an Olympic Diver! :) |
![]() |
| The Condie's. What a cute family pic! |
When we were all ready to go for the day we headed to Costco to do some shopping then made our way to Ft. Collins for the game.
On our way up, we stopped to see Megan's house and visit some more. Did I mention I missed her! :) While there Cache took an unexpected and rather terrifying swim in their little, and I mean little, fish pond and we got to visit longer while his close were in the dryer.
The game that night was... interesting. Cache was really great the whole game. He did what he does best and entertained us and the rest of the crowd. Season, on the other hand, had had enough apparently and refused to stay in the stands. This was not her first football game and she's done so well at the others that we were not expecting this at all. She would cry and scream and throw her little tantrums until someone took her out, which they, I, we always did, and then would be fine until we tried to make our way back to the stands. I saw very little of the game. Though the parts I did see were happy! Go Aggies! Way to get that win on the road.
That night was a rough one for me. I was physically and emotionally exhausted. My mother-in-law put it well. "Isn't it amazing how an 18 mo old can outlast, outcry, outrun a 30 yr old." To that I say, Yes, yes it is. Whew!
The next morning Season woke up only once in the middle of the night, but then VERY early for good. I was tired! After breakfast which was frustrating as well since the kids started spilling milk on purpose I took some Sudafed and went back to bed while John took the kids swimming. I needed that extra rest!
The rest of the day was great! We went to the Denver zoo! Sooooo Fun! The kids LOVED it! It was time that we did a fun thing for them and not just for us. Season was happy and in Heaven! So many Animals!
![]() |
| Lainey, Season, and half of Cache. |
![]() |
| Oh there's his cute face. |
![]() |
| Watching the Elephant show. |
![]() |
| Abbey and the kids on the train. Not sure what Season is upset about here. |
![]() |
| Ahhhh... |
![]() |
| Cache and Mom |
![]() |
| Cache and Season excited to be on the plane again. |
Our trip was fun. It was more exhausting than other trips I've been on, but I still came home wanting more. Yay for traveling!!!! :)
When I get everyone else's pictures I'll have to post them too! There's some pretty good ones. :)



































2 comments:
So, I so wish you would have told me you were I. Denver! We were at that same Rockies game, and I can't believe you left before the fireworks!!!!! They are pretty awesome. We love our zoo too, and are actually zoo members. Next time your in town let me know. I would love to meet your kiddos and hubby. I'm glad you had a fun trip!
Anna, you are incredible - sick AND traveling with kids? Also, I'm jealous that you got to see Megan. Can you believe that the last time we were all together was more than ten years ago when you two met Peter? We're old.
Post a Comment