Monday, February 25, 2013

A New Kind of Baby Name Problem

Since our children have been nameless for at least a day after they've been born we've decided to get a jump start on getting a name down BEFORE the baby is born, which can be anywhere from 2 months to 3 weeks before we think we need to. So keeping in mind all my naming problems from baby #2 (Remember this post) we have a new problem.

John decided that he would just go ahead and tell the kids that the baby's name is Kip. Yes KIP! Ugh! I DESPISE this name! Napolean Dynamite ruined this name for me, and now all I can picture is my baby coming out with a weasley mustache and growing up to have a large woman named La Fawnduh as a girlfriend. Yikes!

My future child and his girlfriend.

 John  joked about this name when we were expecting Cache and he loves keeping this joke alive, this time in the form of our children being convinced that this baby's name is in fact, regardless of gender since we don't know it yet, named Kip. And so if you approach my children and ask them what the baby's name is they shout, "Kip!" To which I say, "NO! It isn't!" Of course my response is followed by, " Yes it is mom! And DON'T throw a fit!" Both children have said this to me now. Lovely. In fact the first time I told Season the baby's name was NOT going to be Kip, she cried. Awesome. John has heard from me a million times that he has a lot of fixing to do in the next few months.

This morning I did feel like I was getting somewhere though, when I asked the kids to think of some other names for the baby. Cache's 1st choices were: Bubba Caterpillar, and Icicle. I think I like those options better. 

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I personally like Bubba Caterpillar :)

Lisa said...

LOL! whenever Cody talks about potential future children he refers to them as "Jethro" and "Gertrude." ew. no thanks. :)