Thursday, April 25, 2013

23 Weeks

Half way mark is past and gone.

  
23 weeks, with silly Cache sneaking through the picture.
We know what we are having and announced it via text and fb, and I am just now getting around to posting here. Poor baby # 3 is already getting the shaft. Hope she (yes
SHE) is resilient. 

DOOM and GLOOM
If you talked to me at all before we found out the gender of this new little one, you knew that we have been hoping, begging, pleading for a boy. If you know me at all, you know why. 
I have part of a post HERE designated to explaining it all. My thoughts and sentiments have not changed for the most part even after having one girl.

Please don't think I'm a witch. I LOVE my Season girl. Would not trade her for a million boys... most days. Today I about threw her out the window after all the whining and crying. Now at the end of the day I feel like doing the same. See, we are ALL stupid, crazy, hormonal, irrational girls!!!!! 

So, day of Ultra Sound. I wake up nervous. I have the feeling we are not going to get the result we'd been wanting. I ask Cache again, for the 100th time, what he wants, "A baby sister like Season, or a baby brother like Cache?" He says, "I want a sister like Season!  I love Season!" 
Would melt most hearts right? Still I wasn't excited about the thought. Though I did have the feeling that Cache was the precise reason we would probably be having another girl. He's the perfect older brother!  

In the Ultra Sound, the Tech checks lots of vital parts, finally gets to it and says, "It's a girl!" Both John and I are silent for about a minute (a minute too long) and then respond with, "Ok." Then more silence, for the rest of the Ultra Sound.

 The Tech was probably so uncomfortable. I have to chuckle thinking about it now. Even though we expected it, hearing the actual words still seemed so dooming!

HOPE

Ha. So, now that you all think I'm a horrible, awful, no good, very bad mother I have to say that though I'm scared out of my mind to have another girl, let alone two right next to each other, there are a few things that give me hope.
1. Baby Girl was SMILING during the Ultra Sound! A real smile! And just as I typed that she gave me a little love kick. :) 
2. She is VERY active, more so than I remember Cache or Season being. In fact, during the Ultra Sound the tech said, "Wow, she's a fun one!" because she would not stop moving for a second. For some reason, this brought me some comfort. I have no idea why, but I truly did feel it. :) 
3. Her older siblings already LOVE her! They are constantly giving us suggestions for names  (I'll get to that in a minute) and telling people that I have a baby in my tummy, as if anyone would think differently (see picture). They tell everyone when she is going to be born and talk to her and tell her they love her. I hope, pray, and really think they will all be good friends. 
4. The word that comes to mind with this baby during this pregnancy is HAPPY. I remember with Cache it was STRONG, and Season it was SWEET. Both times my kids have lived up to those first impressions, and I have a lot of comfort, feeling like Baby Girl will be the same. HAPPY! I can handle HAPPY! Just like I could handle SWEET and STRONG.

HELP!
The hard part.... THE NAME! For crying out loud, we had a boys name picked out this time! Ha! For once we actually both liked a name and would have been calling this baby by that name as we speak, for the first time ever, if it had in fact been a boy. 

Girl's names... now that's a different story. There is not one name that both John and I like. At least with the other two we had a few to choose from. Not this time. Ugh!!!!! Such a permanent decision, so hard for us.
 Like I said before, just about every day I ask the kids what we should name the baby. They still return with Kip or Bubba, but now throw out a few others, like Cache told me we should name the baby Baboon the other day, or Amber, because she is his favorite on American Idol right now. Both excellent choices. So, please wish us luck and I wouldn't mind some names thrown out there for us as well. If we pick the one you send us I'll send you a treat. :)

For My Records
All in all this pregnancy is going AMAZING! I've felt great for the most part! Still throw up every morning, have heart burn/ acid reflux that I take medicine for, and am tired at the end of the day. All normal stuff that I was expecting. 

BUT!!! I could run to catch up with Cache on his bike today, I have enough energy to play with the kids and keep the house in somewhat good shape and don't throw up in the middle of the day.

I just looked back at my 23 week post when I was pregnant with Season ( So glad I kept the record for myself and really don't care what other people think about them) and I look about the same. Poking right out now, and as some people have commented, "Have really Blossomed" Such a funny way of saying, "Wow, your belly got huge all of a sudden." :) Also, still under 130 which is not bad. Cannot complain at all about how things are going so far! :)
 

6 comments:

*LaUrA* said...

We are in the same name boat. We had a million names for a girl we both liked...NOTHING for a boy...not one name. I cannot believe how incredibly hard it has been trying to find a name. We still are not set...but I think we may have dwindled it down and just may have the name. I never in my life thought I would have a child named this...so we will see. I will announce it once we are sure;)

For girls Lila was at the top of my list along with Hattie, Harper, Hannah, Ruby, Quinn (which I know is a boy name being stole by girls which I am totally against...oops)and I loved Peyton so much for our boy that I would even consider naming a girl Payton now since it has made the shift that way.

Good luck!! I feel your naming pain!! I am also excited to see what you end up choosing!

You look adorable and even though I am ahead of you I have this thought that you will beat me! Didn't you deliver early for both babies?? Or was it just Season?

Lisa said...

So exciting! I'm glad to hear the pregnancy is going well.

Unknown said...

I still love the name Caroline! Let's convince John of that one a little more :) Or at least make it a middle name.

KK said...

I'm with Sarah Beth. Caroline is a beautiful name and I think carries a "happy" vibe so that would fit the little bug. :)

Ash said...

I had people tell me I had blossomed! it always made me laugh. Anyway my name suggestion Jolie, you could spell it different, Jollie Joleigh... It is a French word meaning...Happy.

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

LOL, funny I read this because I feel the exact same way. I do love being a dude Mom but after 3 boys my heart is earning for a daughter and I never really though it would that bad. I hope to have some pink in my life at one point. Heavenly fathers gives you what you need and another little girl will fit so perfectly in your family:)

-Kerri

What the trick to getting a girl? You seem to be really good at it..LOL;)