Hi everyone it's John here again, giving you the lastest on our pregnancy. As many of you may have been surprised at the mass texts that I sent out to whoever my shaking fingers could find in my phonebook(sorry if you were missed, it was not on purpose I was just nervous), letting everyone know that our baby had been born. It's a long story and I am going to summarize because I only have a small window of time here at the hospital while Anna is sleeping and the nurses have decided to leave us alone. Yesterday was supposed to be a normal check up for us. Anna been swelling up a little bit the past week at the apointment we found out she had high protien in her urine. These are signs of a new word I learned called Preclampsia (I guessed on the spelling.) Anyways, apparently its bad, and they immediatley sent us to the 2nd floor of the Logan Hospital to do further tests. After an hour they said there is a possibility that we might be headed to Ogden in a helicopter to have the baby. Everything about that last sentence happened except the helicopter ride. Anna rode in the ambulance and me and my parents followed behind in cars. We got to McKay Dee hosiptal at which time I referred to Anna not as my wife but as "the human pin cushion". Everyone else down here called her the "transport". Anyways more tests were run and the doctor said more than likely that we would have the baby before the weekend, most likely Friday. We spent the night mostly awake and wondering what was next. In the morning, her lab results seemed fine but the doctor decided that we would probably start her this evening. We let the parents know that we would probably have the baby on Friday. My parents had gone back the night before but decided to come up to Ogden at 11:00 am. When they got here I felt good enough to leave the hospital for a while to grab some lunch and then go to the grocery store. I left and was checking out at the grocery store when I got a call that said the baby wasn't responding to Anna;s contractions as he had hoped and saw no good in leaving him in there. They were going to be doing an emergency C-section. I rushed back put on some scrubs and in 20 minutes we were in the operating room. Anna was super tough as they succesffully landed the epidural on the second try. The surgery went well and our boy was born at 1:11 pm. He was 16 inches and weighed 3 lbs 8 oz. He has black wavy hair that the doctors said probably fall out but he would be a great match for Navi. My favorite part is that he came out with a black eye. I don't know why but it looks tough. Maybe we will name him Rocky. Anna did very well with the surgery and recovery she is high on morphine and sleeping right now. I can't wait til she wakes up so I can mess with her. Just kidding. But maybe. Anyways our kid is doing great. Because he was born at just under 32 weeks he will have to be in intensive care for lik 6 weeks but it is for the best. We caught the problem early and all the doctors say he is going to be just fine. Well I know I left out a whole bunch and I will try to add in more details later. We are just grateful that he is here and recognized how mucht the Lord blessed us in this situation. Thank you for your love and support. More picures will come later.
8 comments:
Wow! What a crazy delivery story! I am so glad the baby is doing okay. I hope you're getting the rest you need Anna. Congratulations you two!
I'm so happy to hear that little "rocky" (hehe) and anna are doing good! Congrats on the little one! We can't wait to meet him!
Holy Moly! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear he's doing well :)
He is the cutest baby ever! We sure love him! :)
I know I have already text you both but I'm glad I checked the blog to get the story... SOOOOOOO happy you guys are all doing okay. Seriously, so glad Anna had a routine appointment and they caught it all so early, it is such a blessing! You guys are awesome, and Coop says he can't wait to meet his best friend.... What a little guy!!!! He is half of what Cooper weighed,,, so crazy! But HE WILL BE fine!!! YAY, congrats on becoming parents, it is the best thing in the world. Anna, I love you!
Glad to hear that the little boy arrived safe...even though he was early and TINY. Hopefully he does well in the NICU. Hang in there. It's rough to have your baby stay in the hospital...but I know you guys can do it. I want to see more pictures...you know, so post them in all of your FREE TIME!!!
Congrats. He's adorable!
Thanks for the updates on the blog. We're so glad that everything is going okay. We love you guys and are praying for you! He's such a handsome little devil.
Thanks for the update John! It was so good to hear some of the details, and I can't believe that I didn't think to check the blog sooner! We're so happy that you're all healthy and happy. Give Anna our love!
Post a Comment