Saturday, May 30, 2009

Quick Update and More photos

Hi everyone,
It's time for another update. It will be short because pictures can say a thousand words, and we are putting at least six pictures on here which equates to at least 6,000 words and neither I or Anna has the energy to write that many words all in one sitting. All is going well with Cache. As of 4:00 p.m., he weighed 3lbs 14 oz. Only 2 oz. to go until he hits 4 lbs. The nurses and doctors keep saying that the reportbacks that they give are boring because all he needs to do is grow and learn how to eat. We are working on this. They say by next Tuesday he could be out of the incubator and into a crib. We are excited for this. Cache has such a calm demenor, which he gets from his mom, and is a NICU favorite. I bet all the nurses fight over who gets to take care of him. I know I would. Anna is pretty dang amazing and is already showing the signs of great mother. Of course I am not surprised at all because that is one of the reasons I married her! She is doing everything she can to ensure the best outcome for our little guy. We are in a guest house about 2 blocks away from the hospital which has been a huge blessing. Anna is staying there all the time so she can pump and go over and be with Cache every three hours while they do his feeding, and diaper change. She is being brave at nights as I have to leave at 9pm to be back to work and dont make it back until abou 2pm the next day. It looks like this might be how it is for next few weeks. We aren't worried at all, just happy that he is going to be okay. Thanks to all that have visited and called. We appreciate everyone of you and love you. And now................THE PICTURES. These are the most recent pictures we have of him.




We came in to visit one day and lifted up the blanket covering his inucbator and found this relaxing pose.


Cache making faces!


Cache making faces.




Bath time for Cache. His umbelical cord fell out this past week an he can now take baths in the tub. Most babies cry, but he just sits there. A good sign for this future wakeboarder!


Look how little his hand his compared to Anna's

7 comments:

Abbey and Matt said...

Adorable pictures!! Thanks so much for posting and I'm so glad to hear all is going well. Your kids are going to love the update too!

Lisa said...

Oh I love him! I think he looks more and more like Anna. What a lucky kid to take after her too. John, you're such a great guy doing all that driving and juggling work and family - and you make such a beautiful family. We can wait to see you again!

Dave and Alisha said...

Wow looks like you guys are doing great!!! Good job. Maybe if were down that way again soon well stop by again and say hello, it was fun seeing you guys.

Jennifer Lyn said...

Wow! He is so adorable and looks like he is doing great. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

Andy and Mallory: said...

Wow he looks so good! I'm so glad that he is still doing good. Hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, he has the funniest expressions! Love the update, hang in there.

Molly Rivera said...

He looks so healthy! What a cute little guy!