Friday, February 4, 2011

I wonder...

Can you tell what your baby's personality is going to be like before they are born?

The other day John and I went on a little date thanks to Dave and Paige. We went and saw "Unstoppable" at the Dollar Theater and as I watched the movie, particularly at the more stressful parts, I felt Lil Sis moving around like crazy. I actually lost focus from the movie and had the distinct feeling that she was concerned about my stressful state at that moment. It actually brought a little smile to my face thinking about how sweet she already is to be concerned about me. Does that sound crazy?

Ever since, I've tried to pay attention to her movements to find out more about her. I remember thinking and feeling right before Cache was born that he was going to be a strong, very likable kid. As he his. He loved it when I read out loud to my class and he liked music. All of that he likes now as well.

With this little girl I keep thinking she is quite mellow. She really doesn't kick a whole lot but does move around. And I just keep picturing her being a little sweet heart.

Ask me again what I think in a few months. :) But I'm just wondering if anyone else has had that same kind of experience before their kids were born?

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I sure have! We called my son Lee "screensaver baby" when he was in utero, because he never ever stopped moving. I kid you not--from the first quickening to birth, it was constant bouncing off the sides of my belly. I knew he was going to be squirmy and stretchy and active. When he came out, he kicked his legs straight and threw his arms out and refused to be swaddled or even held for very long.

I knew Annalisa would be a cuddly girl, and she was. She loved to be wrapped up and still to this day loves a good "snuggle."

As for #3, I think she's going to be quite shy and reserved. She hates showing off her heartbeat and always squirms away from the doctor. But she's going to be happy too. She already loves her siblings and responds to their touch and voices.

We will see! I do believe in mother's intuitions, though.

Traci said...

Oh yes, I love what you wrote! I totally think that's true, and have proved right with both boys so far
Sawyer from the beginning I knew would be like me, very strong willed and competitive.
As for Tag, we went to the temple once while I was pregnant with him and I just knew by going there I would in a sense "feel his spirit" such a neat experience. From finding out I was pregnant I knew he would be a special boy. And he is just so sweet and precious.
I'm so excited for you, these days are going to go by fast! :)

Dave and Alisha said...

Oh shoot if this is true then Im in for it. ANY time I sit down to relax he goes crazy!?! which means I wont ever have a quite/relaxing moment again! Ahh.. and he loves music.
One funny thing anytime dave feels him or tries to watch my belly move he freezes? What do you think tha means?? funny huh.
any way im so excited to see how things go with this new little girl.