Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cache Favorites

There's lots of things I'm loving about Cache's developmental stage right now, but just to name a few:

1. Lately if Cache is sitting on my lap or on the couch beside me and I'm not giving him 100% of my attention he will say "Tickle Tickle" and tickle my tummy until I laugh and am right back with him. I love it. It is the cutest thing.

2. He gives THE BEST hugs right now. And kisses too actually. And often it will be right out of the blue, unprovoked. His hugs are mini bear hugs, tight around the neck, and let you know he loves you. Since he doesn't say the words I'll take the hugs and spontaneous kisses. :) Besides, actions speak louder than words.

3. He has developed this funny little grunt when he gets excited. I mean he still lets out a girl squeal too but the grunt is kinda funny.

4. If he doesn't want something or like how something tastes he scrunches up his nose and pushes it away. Exactly what I do. I must start being careful about how I act.

5. He nods his head and says "yeah" when he agrees with something.
"Do you want some cheese?"
"Yeah."
"Is it nap time?"
"Yeah."
You get the picture. The great thing is he is learning the word no. He knows how to shake his head now too, but he just prefers to be a "Yes" boy. I'm so glad. :)

6. Many of you will be happy to know that for several weeks now I've put Cache to bed WITHOUT rocking him all the way to sleep. Now we sing a primary song or two, I give him a kiss, tuck him in, he rolls over and he's off. I had the hardest time bringing myself to do this since I had to walk away from him in the NICU staring at me with those big, all knowing eyes of his. I never wanted to do that again. I hated the feeling and so ever since I've rocked him to sleep. It was fine when I didn't have a million things to do when he was sleeping. Now, there is more to be done and just isn't practical. He's actually napping and sleeping better and I'm feeling less stressed. 

7. He plays really well with other children. It's fun to see him interact. He's really quite nice. Good Boy!

8. He LOVES to dance. And he laughs at me when I try with by big prego belly. He is even so nice to dance to the bad tryouts on American Idol.

Love Love Love this little boy!

Here's some pictures of him being cute.

 Cache with his Huge collection of cars - courtesy of Aunt Kayla and Uncle Matt
 Cache got real quiet for a few minutes so I went into his room and found him laying on his bed reading a book. Good boy! :)
 Playing with toys and watching Clifford. One of our daily rituals.
 Being Cute
 Playing with Mommy's phone.
 Cache and Mom
 Cache taking a picture of mommy. I thought I ought to show off that awesome belly.
 Cute Sunday outfit and some funny faces




Here's a video of Cache and Papa eating cake.


4 comments:

Traci said...

He's such a cutie! I love watching them grow up.... it's such a bitter sweet.
I've gotten in the habit the last couple of weeks of rocking Tag to sleep. I'm not sure why, he's always gone down great, but I just love that little extra time together... maybe I should work on it?

Dave and Alisha said...

He takes really good pic. It looks like he ment to do that. and you look great. Hope things keep going well.

Ash said...

I think you should develop his photography career. I can't believe is is so big! Its just crazy how fast these kids grow. Is he in his big boy bed? Did you decided to tackle that transition? Way to go with the sleeping by the way. Thats huge.

Lisa said...

The first thing I thought while watching Cache eat cake was, "What happened to the kid who turned up his nose at sweets?"

He is so big and so cute. YOU, my friend, are a gorgeous mama. Miss you!