Monday, January 9, 2012

No Internet.

During the month of December we have struggled with our internet again. It started when I moved our computer out of Season's room and into ours so I wouldn't wake her every time I needed to get on the computer. I liked the change and thought it would be better all around until I realized our Internet was NOT holding a connection  for more than 5 minutes. Frustrating when I'd go to buy something on-line, or write an email, blogpost, or any other kind of message. Frustrating when I'd try to do my online banking.

Over the next few days/weeks I thought I might have loosened a plug or something and so I fiddled and plugged and re-plugged and turned the computer on and off, called comcast, reset routers and modems (still in Season's room) and finally after lots and lots of troubleshooting and talking to my techy Dad and Brother, decided our ancient router was probably just starting to go out. How's that for a run-on sentence!?!

So, for Christmas John got a router. Fun present right? I hooked it all up and it worked. At least the computer did, but not any of our wireless gadgets like phones and tablets. Ugh! So I moved everything, router and modem included into the hall. This time my brother walked me through the process then eventually just fixed it himself and Wa La! Working everything!

Until one day I decided to do an exercise video on line and Bam! No internet. Anywhere! Enough to make ya swear huh? Well, we finally have things figured out mostly until I get an itch to move anything.

All of this is the cause of the lack of posts. I was sad to not be able to journal like I wanted to. But, in the end it was probably a good thing to be "unplugged" and "offline" as they say. Everyone needs that every once in a while, but... Heres to being back on-line!

No comments: